82 Bestway Labelle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drasylum

Vessel Make
1983 Bestway Labelle
Volva Penta TAMD40A parts: I had posted before that we were in the process of buying a 1982 Bestway Labelle. We just had the survey done. It will need some cosmetics, window replacements, they are somewhat clouded for our use etc. Otherwise it is a solid boat. However in the near future, it will need some cooling system issues dealt with: one heat exchanger, some metal hoses and the 4 inch exhaust hose. In looking for parts, I found that they did not seem available, at least where I was looking, any advice? are there other volva pentas that have interchangeable parts..

Drasylum welcome neighbor

keep a eye out on ebay especially if it something you do not need right away

You must have missed all the threads about Volvos? Parts, or lack thereof are the main issue against them. And IF you can find them, they're very expensive. It's all "supply and demand" isn't it?

I have been reading the volvo posts. I have found the parts I need and I can substitute some parts for volvos, I really appreciate the feedback I have gotten from everybody, we are newbies to the trawler world and all the experience that abounds here has been very educating..

Newb here too...The Cape Dory I'm buying has a TAMD41P. Luckily I found a good supply of spares on the boat and the Cooling system was just cleaned out.
I had some concern over spares too, but it looks like I'm covered for awhile. Will still be looking for sources. Current (soon to be Ex) ordered all his stuff on-line. I'll go through the boxes and see where the stuff came from..

Nice that the boat came with a full installation manual from the re-powering along with parts and service books..

As a VOLVO TMD40 owner(2) for fourteen years, please accept my condolences. Volvo does not support products that are out of production. Searching for parts can become your life's work.

Coastal Marine Engine in Seattle. They have all the parts. The Native American fishing fleet runs on old volvos here.

Coastal Marine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom