41 PT Europa Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Propnut

Vessel Name
Voyager
Vessel Make
41' PT Europa
New member here,
I'm looking to purchase a 41' PT Europa Trawler. There's one in Maine that's a major project boat but I love the layout and lines of the boat. Anyone out there that can give me any information on these boats would be appreciated. I prefer a single screw, but would consider a twin screw as well. The one in Maine has moisture in the deck, would need to be repowered as it has the absolete big V8
320 hp Perkins engine. I'm sure the fuel tanks will need replacing also. I can do the mechanical work, but worried about the moisture in the decks and cost to repair them. Your information and advise is appreciated.

Thanks, Don

New member here,
I'm looking to purchase a 41' PT Europa Trawler. There's one in Maine that's a major project boat but I love the layout and lines of the boat. Anyone out there that can give me any information on these boats would be appreciated. I prefer a single screw, but would consider a twin screw as well. The one in Maine has moisture in the deck, would need to be repowered as it has the absolete big V8
320 hp Perkins engine. I'm sure the fuel tanks will need replacing also. I can do the mechanical work, but worried about the moisture in the decks and cost to repair them. Your information and advise is appreciated.

Thanks, Don

I suspect that unless you can get that boat for $10K you're better off walking to the one Fla.
By the time you do tanks and repower your already past $35K in cost without touching the deck.

Never fall in love with a boat you do not already own. If this thing is a project, but not priced as one(-$300/foot) run don't walk away.

No offense but make sure you can logistically and financially complete the job. If you can put the boat in your backyard or less than 2 miles away it will be much easier to work on it a couple hours a night. If it's 2 hours away it'll likely get away from you in a hurry.

If you can handle the mechanical aspects of bringing a boat this size back you can likely handle the moisture issues as that is mostly dirty grunt work. Good luck with your hunt.

Used 1983 Pt Pt41, Surry, Me - 04684 - BoatTrader.com

So, what's wrong with a Perkins V8 diesel? How extensive are her deck problems and how much work on your hands and knees do you want to do? The few interior pics show very little problem with leaky windows; how's the rest of the interior woodwork?

She looks quite closely related to our Fu Hwa 38.

There is a TF member with a 1985 PT38, and his own web site: rochepoint.ca that is worth checking out.

I think I was looking at that same boat. What did you end up deciding? Did you find out any other info about it? What was wrong with the V8?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom