Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-04-2023, 03:14 PM   #21
Guru
 
SteveK's Avatar
 
City: Gulf Islands, BC Canada
Vessel Name: Sea Sanctuary
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4588
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3,678
This past week I had a request to see my Harley for sale and said sure when this weekend. So far nothing.
This past week had interested in your boat for sale, OK, but no more replies after I answer.
Maybe a third party broker deals with these buyers all the time and not being the seller can shrug it off.
Selling stuff, I also get I can give you this much before seeing it, just tire kicking I guess.
__________________
SteveK
You only need one working engine. That is why I have two.
Sea Sanctuary-new to me 1992 Bayliner 4588
SteveK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 09:04 PM   #22
Veteran Member
 
City: Didcot UK
Vessel Name: Jarrow Lily
Vessel Model: Island Packet SP Cruiser
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 78
I well remember an ad in the UK's favourite buy/sell paper, the weekly "Exchange and Mart"


It went something like :-


1955 Vincent HRD Black Shadow. Recent rebuild, some Stainless, new exhaust system, 150 MPH 5 inch speedometer. Very Good Condition. 495.00



Re-advertised due to timewaster.


Because of this no tosspots, voyeurs or tyre kickers need apply.................................


Looking at the price I should have bought the six pack. They fetch 150,000 easily today!
Jarrow Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:16 AM   #23
Guru
 
KnotYet's Avatar
 
City: Los Angeles
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrow Lily View Post
I well remember an ad in the UK's favourite buy/sell paper, the weekly "Exchange and Mart"


It went something like :-


1955 Vincent HRD Black Shadow. Recent rebuild, some Stainless, new exhaust system, 150 MPH 5 inch speedometer. Very Good Condition. 495.00



Re-advertised due to timewaster.


Because of this no tosspots, voyeurs or tyre kickers need apply.................................


Looking at the price I should have bought the six pack. They fetch 150,000 easily today!
At Mecum's Las Vegas auction 2 months ago a '55 Black Shadow went for $99,000!
__________________
Science doesn't care what you believe. -Neil deGrasse Tyson
KnotYet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:36 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
City: Grand Rapids, MI
Vessel Name: Escape
Vessel Model: 1973 Concorde 41 DC
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by backinblue View Post
If I want to give something away for free, usually I'll just put it at the curb with a "free" sign and it magically disappears with zero interaction.
I've done that a lot, especially anything metal. There are people who cruise around looking for it.

When we sold out and moved aboard, a lot of stuff went that way. Usually gone in 4 hours. Had an old pickup for sale once, put it out at the curb with a sign, it sold in 20 minutes.
jgwinks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 03:48 PM   #25
Veteran Member
 
City: Didcot UK
Vessel Name: Jarrow Lily
Vessel Model: Island Packet SP Cruiser
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnotYet View Post
At Mecum's Las Vegas auction 2 months ago a '55 Black Shadow went for $99,000!

It went for what it was worth.


Black Shadow's with correct paperwork, original engine and frame numbers and in first class condition go for twice that at Bonhams UK Auctions.


I am a sometime stringer for Bonhams and find bikes for their sales.


I was in the Veteran, Vintage and Classic bike business for forty years.
Jarrow Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 05:55 PM   #26
Guru
 
KnotYet's Avatar
 
City: Los Angeles
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrow Lily View Post
It went for what it was worth.

Black Shadow's with correct paperwork, original engine and frame numbers and in first class condition go for twice that at Bonhams UK Auctions.

I am a sometime stringer for Bonhams and find bikes for their sales.

I was in the Veteran, Vintage and Classic bike business for forty years.
I should have included that, while restored, it was a pieced together basket case!
__________________
Science doesn't care what you believe. -Neil deGrasse Tyson
KnotYet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:43 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
City: Juneau
Vessel Name: Sea Dog
Vessel Model: DeFever 49 Raised Pilothouse
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 152
I’m more familiar with the 1952 Vincent Black Lightning.
SeaDogAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Trawler Port Captains
Port Captains are TF volunteers who can serve as local guides or assist with local arrangements and information. Search below to locate Port Captains near your destination. To learn more about this program read here: TF Port Captain Program





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012