Why did the fish cross the road?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For all my years in Alaska I always felt bad for those brave, diligent salmon. They swim thousands of miles only to become a bear's lunch or spawn and die. They are tasty broiled with a good white wine, butter, lemon and dill though.

For all my years in Alaska I always felt bad for those brave, diligent salmon. They swim thousands of miles only to become a bear's lunch or spawn and die. .

Bad enough, but now they have to look both ways for cars!

I have to laugh at the cars slowing down though. Watch out for the salmon!! Salmon crossing signs? And if they ever cause an accident, imagine explaining that one to your insurance carrier.

Many years ago an Alaska Airlines 727 on approach to Juneau lost its center engine after it ingested a salmon dropped by an eagle. They cross the road for many reasons not necessarily voluntarily.

When I used to live in Mumbai (Bombay) I remember once when a group of 3 cattle were walking down our site road (no one stops them from entering construction sites), then they paused, looked up and down the road, then proceeded to cross.

Maha! Crazy cows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom