What a strange world (beware no boat subject)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having insurance with them probably isn't a problem. Being hit by one of their insured is. Clearly the parent company is just as responsible for the business model. You can buy an awful lot of advertising with claims money you deprive people of.

Ted

I always had State Farm when we lived in NC and never considered Geico because I was happy plus did not want to be insured by my employer. I don't imagine suing Geico to collect would have thrilled my boss.

Berkshire Hathaway(is that Warren Buffett?) has done a JV deal here with Insurance Australia Group. Based on the above, glad I chose a different insurer recently.
We had an insurer here, called FAI. Stood for "Fire and All Risks Insurance". It was said it really meant: "We insure you for fire but you take all the risks". Someone suggested their promise was: "All claims paid promptly upon receipt of a certified copy of judgement". Meaning, you had to sue to get paid.

The highly respected economist Milton Friedman is quoted as saying "The sole purpose of a Corporation is to make money for its shareholders." This notion has been modified somewhat but too many corporations still follow the maxim blindly. This notion of corporate greed is pervasive in modern society and is reflected in governmental policies as well. The sad reality is that we will be leaving serious debt, a deteriorating infrastructure and a less than stellar education system to our children.
Guess I better head up to the Broughton Islands on the boat so as not to worry.

Eyes in the boat!!

Every soul I know has deeply sunk roots of unfair and crushing circumstance in their respective career paths.Even me!
Their exists many good sites for discussion
Of said issues. I know... I participate on them.
I respectfully suggest that TF be used for its intended important role as clearinghouse for all things nautical.
Thank you!

Every soul I know has deeply sunk roots of unfair and crushing circumstance in their respective career paths.Even me!
I respectfully suggest that TF be used for its intended important role as clearinghouse for all things nautical.
Thank you!
Welcome to the forum!
We discuss lots of topics here. If the drift isn't to your liking, don't click on the thread. This one was pretty clearly marked.

Ted

Thank you!

Wifey B: You joined 6 years ago and never posted and just now use your first post to tell others what they should and shouldn't post. Seems to me that 100% of your posts now, 1 out of 1, have been on things other than nautical. You can check my math if you need to as it's not my area of expertise. :rofl:

Greetings,
Mr. D. Welcome aboard. I point out that this section of the forum is headed "Harbor Chat" and qualified (albeit in small print) as: "Friendly, professional, informal exchange of "NON-boating" topics"

Given the volume of your contributions, in the last 6 years, to the other "nautical" threads, I really fail to see your non-point and you might be better served by continuing to contribute to "... many good sites for discussion." where I'm sure your keen insight is appreciated.

Game, set & match. Thank you linesmen, thank you ball boys. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom