Two cows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the correct answer was Eine Kleine Nachtmoooosik, but the previous responses are very good.

Sitting here in the middle of corn and cattle country I am enjoying this very silly thread. And it brings me back to my very first days in my now decades-long career when I worked at the court in Palmer, Alaska filing traffic tickets. The new Palmer courthouse was built adjacent to a pasture and the cows would amble over and lick Judge Peter Ashman's office windows. And Judge Beverly Cutler's then-husband was a potato farmer (and her father Lloyd worked in the White House). What an eclectic time. Lots of water under the bridge since then -- and cows somehow involved throughout.

See, now that's why this forum is the one and only form of social media I allow in my life, if we can even call social media.

See, now that's why this forum is the one and only form of social media I allow in my life, if we can even call social media.

You and me both! I've never signed up for any social media and never intend to. My wife often sees me on TF and calls it Boat-book.

Well, yes, of course, but that title is too good to resist for this thread. And after all, where does Conrad's An Anarchist start, but on a cattle ranch full of cows and butterflies! But to my great shock no one has yet mentioned that Melville also wrote a much less well known novel called - pause for drum roll - Omoo! Much more obscure than Mooo-by Dick though so maybe the lapse is understandable.

I really hated Heart of D though. Almost as purposely inscrutable and annoying as James Joyce. Heart made me want to take a shower and sleep under clean white sheets in a nice bed in peace.

279050858_4957647080979337_4309929463177946180_n.jpg

I will bet that this will be the longest running thread ever on TF.

Ony marginally related to this thread.....My boat is named Blue Moon but the "n" is on the transom door. Guess what the name is when the door is open? lol

This thread is going to continue until it has been milked for all it’s worth.

Ony marginally related to this thread.....My boat is named Blue Moon but the "n" is on the transom door. Guess what the name is when the door is open? lol
As many here say...
Without a pic... it didn't happen (doesn't exist)!

What a small world. I've actually played the tuba for cows. Most cows are fascinated by it. I still have my Meinl Weston, rotary valve, BBb tuba in storage, with a 24K gold plated Bach #18 mouthpiece that I got in New York City for my 18th birthday. That tuba is probably worth more than my car right now. Now that I live in South Dakota, I should see if it works on buffalo (bison).

I have to say that this thread has been great fun. It will be hard to moooove on when it is over.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom