Transatlantic Dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, how could they legally stop him?

Hmmm, how could they legally stop him?

Don't know the Canadian law. In the United States I believe the Coast Guard has the power to declare a boat not seaworthy.

This was the justification given for stopping a couple of houseboats which had come down river to Mobile Bay from continuing on to Florida.

Sometimes it is better for a dream to still be a dream and not become a nightmare.

Reminds me of a shrimp boat off the coast of Texas when a hurricane was approaching. Storm coming up faster than the boat could go, so Capt called Coasties and they picked crew off the boat with a chopper. Boat left idling in gear on AP heading into the seas.

A week or so later they get a call that the boat is grounded in the Fla Keys, engine still running. Samaritans boarded the boat and shut off the engine. Sea tow or someone pulled it off the soft grounding and anchored it.

Capt flew out and ran it back to Texas.

Best they could tell, the thing went right through the worst of the storm. Very little damage.

This was like 20yrs ago, I have no idea how to look for the story. I happened to be in the keys at the time, so remember it.

Reminds me of a shrimp boat off the coast of Texas when a hurricane was approaching. Storm coming up faster than the boat could go, so Capt called Coasties and they picked crew off the boat with a chopper. Boat left idling in gear on AP heading into the seas.

A week or so later they get a call that the boat is grounded in the Fla Keys, engine still running. Samaritans boarded the boat and shut off the engine. Sea tow or someone pulled it off the soft grounding and anchored it.

Capt flew out and ran it back to Texas.

Best they could tell, the thing went right through the worst of the storm. Very little damage.

This was like 20yrs ago, I have no idea how to look for the story. I happened to be in the keys at the time, so remember it.

Did you notice that boat looks stronger when nobody is on board? I start to think that the captain is always the problem :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom