Steve Jobs' Yacht

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is eye-catching, but has no eye-appeal. ... Weird. :huh:

Doesn't look good to me.
You would think he would have had it made in the USA.
Steve W

Sure are a lot of Windows on a boat for the Apple CEO :lol:

I thought it was the latest model in the Great Harbor series.:D

I'm touched. :socool:

For someone who had such good design aesthetics for computers, smartphones, MP3 players, tablets, etc, his boat design is horrible. Be a good building, probably, in the right setting. But on the water the thing is a bad dream. Venus indeed. It's about as un-Venus-like as one could imagine.

Now that Jobs is gone I wonder what will happen to this thing? I won't be surprised if it ends up parked in some harbor, unloved and abandonned like the famous Puget Sound ferry Kalakala. At least the Kalakala has a cool design (by a Boeing engineer). Looks like all Jobs and his marine architect had in the desk drawer was a ruler and a right triangle.

Last edited:
Now that Jobs is gone I wonder what will happen to this thing? I won't be surprised if it ends up parked in some harbor, unloved and abandonned like the famous Puget Sound ferry Kalakala. At least the Kalakala has a cool design (by a Boeing engineer). Looks like all Jobs and his marine architect had in the desk drawer was a ruler and a right triangle.

Looked up the Kalakala. Reminds me a lot of the Admiral which was a familiar sight on the Mississippi in St Louis when I lived there. SS Admiral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As the wiki article says, it's now scrap, and from the photos of the Kalakala it's not far behind.

As for Jobs' boat, it'll probably wind up in the hands of a Middle-east oil sheik.

Venus could have been named the iSore.

Not mine originally but I did correct the spelling from another post (It was iSoar)

Cheers,
John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom