Old 05-04-2017, 06:52 PM   #1
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Special moments

Wifey B: Many here have special moments periodically in their lives so I thought it would be great to share some of those. Please start with those you've had recently, but continue with new events in your lives. I'll start with one of ours.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
Guru

Wifey B: We shared in another thread that we had a great day attending a graduation ceremony. 4 years ago she came into our lives through a series of events. She was coming to live in FLL with her grandfather and us for just a couple or few weeks. Prior to first talking to her, her plans upon high school graduation were to become a stripper in Raleigh, NC. Anything to get away from her home. Well, amazing how time passes. Hard to believe it's been four years and today she graduated from college. Grad school soon but for the summer, fun and boating.

She tried to be cool about it but as we got close, you could see the excitement and the pride. I understand because I was the same way when I graduated. I started college at the age of 22. She was able to start at 18.

For us, we're not technically parents although sure feels like it with her. We've been proud of other kids we've known, but never expected to have the opportunity to feel like proud parents. Well, we sure do today. Omg, we thank her so much for that. I'm sure many of you have felt it many times. She's given us that feeling before but today it just all really hit in a very emotional way. Smiles all around.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
OK, I have a rather stupid one.

My first born is a daughter, married for three years and now pregnant with our first grandchild (a son as it turns out). She was born in 1988 so was the perfect age to catch Disney's revitalized animated movie business starting with "The Little Mermaid". My daughter was captivated by the the whole series of sappy, Disney Princess movies.

My wife and I took my daughter to see the remake of "Beauty and the Beast" a few weeks ago. I was sitting in the darkened theater watching the profile of my 27 year old, pregnant, little girl as she watched the movie, completely engrossed. For some reason that moment brought the last 25 years of my life into sharp focus. This young woman, soon to be a parent herself, is still my precious little girl. The depth of love that I feel for her is overwhelming and she is such a delight that she returns that love daily.

My wife noticed that me quietly crying during the movie and knew exactly why.

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:50 PM   #4
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post

My wife noticed that me quietly crying during the movie and knew exactly why.
Wifey B: Beautiful. She'll always be daddy's little girl and need to be. I'll bet when parenting is tough, you'll be the one to reassure her.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

City: Trosa
My son is 20 this summer, he have always had a special kind of humor, and all most always makes me laugh 😂 but wen he was about 7 or 8, there was a lot of talk of pedofiles, in media. Me and my son were at the movie theater, to watch Toy story, by Pixar, we sat there talking until the lights faded, he was so cute sitting there with big eyes watching the screen, so in the dark i just had to touch him. In the same second i put my hand on his lap, he replied with a loud woise, don't touch my wiener.!! I just wanted to die, and dissappear. While he laughed. I can laugh at it now, but not that night. 😀
Lady soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:54 AM   #6
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
EVERY morning I wake up with my bride beside me is special...
Old 05-06-2017, 09:42 AM   #7
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
EVERY morning I wake up with my bride beside me is special...

Amen

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 01:18 PM   #8
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
I'm with RTF!

My special moment occurred about 12 years ago. After being single for many years following a divorce, I met a lady who would eventually become my wife. We met online in a dating site (the really do work!) and had a lunch date for our first meeting. I invited her to our company Christmas party as our new relationship continued. Over the next few months we continued to see each other, but she had not yet been aboard my boat. She was not previously a boater, so I knew that would be a big test.

One mild spring afternoon I took her to the boat for a short cruise and all went well. (She later told me that when she first went down into the cabin area of my express cruiser the first thing she noticed was THE BED, and she wondered if that's why I had brought her out on the boat). It wasn't the reason and we had a nice afternoon and evening cruise and dinner aboard.

As our relationship continued to grow and we had more boat trips she became more relaxed while on the boat. She, like me, looked at the boat as a place to go to escape all the hustle and bustle of our "shore lives".

One Friday afternoon after we'd both had "the week from Hell" at our jobs, we were headed out for an overnight trip. As we cleared the no-wake zone, both of us, simultaneously, took in a deep breath and exhaled, a sure sign that we both were relaxing. It was at that moment that I felt pretty confident that this could be a long term relationship.

We were married a couple of years later with the wedding at the yacht club I belonged to at that time. Now, 9 years later, the boat is still our place to go to relax and unwind from our busy retired lives.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:37 PM   #9
Guru

City: Columbia City, OR & Mulege, BCS
Vessel Name: Imagine
Vessel Model: Farrell 34
Little piece when we were on the boat...

https://youtu.be/Mxybpnvt8is

What we were doing last month when we weren't on the boat
(and about as far from water as you can get in the lower 48)...

https://youtu.be/6bf0ashVCDQ

Special? Hell yeah!

Not taken for granted, ever.
GoneFarrell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #10
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Married 45 years today...That's 315 dog years.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:51 PM   #11
Guru

Wifey B: This one will embarrass even me. Friday, October 13, 2000. We met. We immediately connected and saw something unique, felt something we'd never felt. He looked into my eyes and all the way to my heart and soul. I wasn't use to men looking there. We did everything I'd advise against. Within two hours we were naked, in bed.

As the night went on we discussed singing, talked about Karaoke and I asked him to sing to me. He sang, "What are you doing the rest of your life. North and South and East and West of your life. I have only one request of your life. That you spend it all with me". I teasingly asked if that was a proposal. You never bluff him and his answer was "could be if you want it to be." I told him I wasn't the kind of girl to marry on the first date, had to wait until at least the third date. Then I sang, “When I fall in love, it will be forever. Or I’ll never fall in love. In a restless world like this is, Love is ended before it’s begun. And too many moonlight kisses, Seem to Cool in the warmth of the sun. When I give my heart, it will be completely. Or I’ll never give my heart. And the moment that I feel that you feel that way too is when I fall in love with you.” We sang those same songs at our wedding.

On Saturday, we shared our life stories. He made me cry for the first time in my life when he told me about his childhood and life to that point. He cried over mine but he always cried. He had melted the wall of protection I'd built. Life has been wonderful every moment since that weekend, even when we faced the kinds of challenge you only see in the movies.

It was his birthday weekend. Less than 8 months later we married on my birthday.

Until that night, I didn't even believe in love and neither of us ever thought it was in our future. Somehow we were able to bring out the hidden sides of each other and the best. The odds of us meeting that night were infinitesimal. Alone, we both struggled with life. Together, it's easy.

Do you believe in Magic? i do.

Together we've had so many special moments. Still Tabitha's graduation was one that really snuck up on us and hit hard. I love reading what the others of you have written. It's not the boats, it's not the places, it's the special people who make life what it is.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:14 PM   #12
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Do you believe in Magic? i do.
Every time my wife kisses me.