Preference for "Passing Away" [dying]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Preference for "Passing Away" [Where to Die]

• Pass Away on Water

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Pass Away on Land

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interstellar, intertidal, or somewhere in between.

20 +/- have posted... only 8 voted at top of thread page. So far we're running 50/50 regarding land or water better to die on!

I haven't really decided if I'm ever going to die or not, but if I do, I want to die in the arms of an 18-year old nymphomaniac. I want my friends to be able to say...

"Wow, lucky Bustard. He came and went in the same breath. And did you see the knuckers on that chick he was with!"

How about in bed with a hundred dollar an hour hooker ? ( hope my wife doesn't see this )

Wifey B: $100 an hour? You're living in the past again. That's not going to get you much. Double, triple, quadruple, for quality. :lol:

Wifey B: $100 an hour? You're living in the past again. That's not going to get you much. Double, triple, quadruple, for quality. :lol:

$100 an hour = Kit Kat or Mustang in the 60's / 70's. At least that's what I was told...! :ermm: :lol: :dance: :D

Like Woody Allen, I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Also, I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would accept me as a member (he was a Marxist).

It would be a great day on the water, one of those days when everything was perfect. There would be a cool breeze and a warm sun as I stepped out of the pilothouse holding my morning coffee. The symphony of nature would continue in a fine resonance of birds, plants and even the team of dolphins keeping pace amidships. Below my feet is the pleasant purr of the efficient machine I had spent so much intention to create. Seemingly, an agreement has been struck between man, machine, and motion, now all in an harmonic cooperation with nature. All is in order.

I'd just be clearing the inlet when the warning was barked over the VHF. An earthquake in the Gulf, some oil platforms lost, and the certainty of a massive tidal wave that was too big and too close to escape. I peer over the horizon and witness that it's already too late for any option. With the speed of the wind and wave, I barely finish banking the 180 turn when the liquid tower overtakes me. My trusty vessel is almost on her nose when she tweaks-out one more effort to do what she does best. Her upturned stern lifts at the waves deliberate command, and as she climbs higher and higher upon it, her spirit unites all forces, God made and man made, in lofty celebration. Down the wave we charge together toward certain destiny, and when our last scream has been screamed, we are snuffed.

Doesn't get better than that.

Attachments

• end of world wave.jpg
    end of world wave.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 68
It would be a great day on the water, one of those days when everything was perfect. There would be a cool breeze and a warm sun as I stepped out of the pilothouse holding my morning coffee. The symphony of nature would continue in a fine resonance of birds, plants and even the team of dolphins keeping pace amidships. Below my feet is the pleasant purr of the efficient machine I had spent so much intention to create. Seemingly, an agreement has been struck between man, machine, and motion, now all in an harmonic cooperation with nature. All is in order.

I'd just be clearing the inlet when the warning was barked over the VHF. An earthquake in the Gulf, some oil platforms lost, and the certainty of a massive tidal wave that was too big and too close to escape. I peer over the horizon and witness that it's already too late for any option. With the speed of the wind and wave, I barely finish banking the 180 turn when the liquid tower overtakes me. My trusty vessel is almost on her nose when she tweaks-out one more effort to do what she does best. Her upturned stern lifts at the waves deliberate command, and as she climbs higher and higher upon it, her spirit unites all forces, God made and man made, in lofty celebration. Down the wave we charge together toward certain destiny, and when our last scream has been screamed, we are snuffed.

OK Larry!! - IMHO - So Far - You get Top PRIZE!! :thumb:

I haven't really decided if I'm ever going to die or not, but if I do, I want to die in the arms of an 18-year old nymphomaniac. I want my friends to be able to say...

"Wow, lucky Bastard. He came and went in the same breath. And did you see the knockers on that chick he was with!"

Mike, I like your sense of imagination but I'd say you're doing pretty damn well already...without the 18yo nymph.

Thank God you've got the right boat to handle that abuse! Nothing quite as pretty as a Manatee on full plane riding a 20 ft wave! :D

Like the WW2 vet, former pilot dying of cancer in his 80's, who jumped out of the cockpit from a vintage biplane plane over the California desert. Took the greatest flight of his life that day.

It is said that when asked who would like to live to 100 years old, only those who had reached 99 answered in the affirmative.

It is said that when asked who would like to live to 100 years old, only those who had reached 99 answered in the affirmative.

Ta Hell with 100... I've got my sights on 110!! :D

Then FAI'm concerned It's "Lights Out"!! :lol:

I've got it planned out... long as I remain fit enough to pull it off. :facepalm: :D ;)

Die on the water is my choice of Goodbye! :dance:

f. Sit on gunnel or transom or swim step with loaded 357 pistol.

:flowers:Aaaaaaa Good choice, Colt Black Hawk Single action?:thumb:

I've got it planned out... long as I remain fit enough to pull it off. :facepalm: :D ;)

Die on the water is my choice of Goodbye! :dance:

f. Sit on gunnel or transom or swim step with loaded 357 pistol.

:flowers:Aaaaaaa Good choice, Colt Black Hawk Single action?:thumb:

Ya better take two round with you in case a wave makes you miss the first one! :facepalm:

Note to self....Don't anchor out with Art or Al!

Darn!!! There you go, had to bring the damn anchor into the conversation.:banghead: Can't we all just get along?:confused:

Ya better take two round with you in case a wave makes you miss the first one! :facepalm:

See, hadn't thought of that one... "Best laid plans of mice and men!"

Crap, now ya gots me ta thinken!

Maybe I'd better also take a Big OD of oxycodone or some other deadly drug in case I drop gun after first misfire... maybe to make sure I should have another loaded gun sitting next to me. Then I'm thinking of the guns don't do me in... I'd better be ready to get dizzy while boat idles around in a circle waiting for to the drug to kick in. What if I fall over and try to swim with anchor attached to my ankle? In that case screw it... I might as well jump off the Golden Gate Bridge. But, wait, by that time they will have the $200M suicide protection netting all the way on both sides

Such a bunch of what ifs just to kill yourself on the water... what's a feller ta do??

:facepalm: :lol: :rofl: :dance:

On land...

My Dad had a stroke while in Canada anchored out in Telegraph Harbor with my Mom. CG Auxillary came out and got them off the boat and into Ladysmith and then to an ambulance to take him to the hospital in Nanaimo. Things went from bad to worse and he had a cerebral hemorrhage. They flew him out to Harborview in Seattle, primarily I think to make it simpler on everyone by have him die in the US rather than deal with the cross-border issues.

The point is that it would have been messier if he had died in Canada. As it was, we had to go and retrieve the boat after it spent an unplanned time in Ladysmith. Much better that I die with the boat sold or passed to the kids so my wife doesn't have to worry about it.

I passed out after finishing a Marathon in Victoria. As I was laying on the ground, the first thing my wife thought was "Well this is going to be awkward. How do I get his body back home?" Then she kicked me.

On land...

My Dad had a stroke while in Canada anchored out in Telegraph Harbor with my Mom. CG Auxillary came out and got them off the boat and into Ladysmith and then to an ambulance to take him to the hospital in Nanaimo. Things went from bad to worse and he had a cerebral hemorrhage. They flew him out to Harborview in Seattle, primarily I think to make it simpler on everyone by have him die in the US rather than deal with the cross-border issues.

The point is that it would have been messier if he had died in Canada. As it was, we had to go and retrieve the boat after it spent an unplanned time in Ladysmith. Much better that I die with the boat sold or passed to the kids so my wife doesn't have to worry about it.

I passed out after finishing a Marathon in Victoria. As I was laying on the ground, the first thing my wife thought was "Well this is going to be awkward. How do I get his body back home?" Then she kicked me.

That is funny! "Then she kicked me."

My wife was talking about that with me over this last weekend. She reminded me that she was really ticked that I had to the nerve to die in an inconvenient location. She asked a running buddy if I was dead. His response; "I doubt it."

Doesn't matter . I'm happy with either .

Attachments

• IMG_2640.jpg
    IMG_2640.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2920.jpg
    IMG_2920.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 63
Land. My dad passed away on the water with just my mom onboard. It was horrific for my mom.

Daddy died on his boat. That sounds just about perfect.

It was cancer and he was not hospice'd so authorities came and committed battery on his corpse aka chest compressions, etc. We have been there for end of life and didn't watch. He oncologist was offshore fishing so getting confirmation that his 82 pound skeletal body was sick took time!

The most important thing is to find peace. I have that aboard my Seaweed and could not imagine being ashore. As for my boat, she is now over thirty years old and her value is in the happiness I have found aboard her. I'm keeping her forever!

Truly I am blessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom