Online ordering from Home Depot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwnall

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36
I found out something interesting yesterday, and thought that I would share it. I need a 1" to 1-1/4" nylon hose barb to connect two different sized hoses under the sink drain on the boat. I went by Lowe's and looked for one, and they didn't have one. Did the same thing with Ace Hardware, with the same result. Got a little frustrated with all that running around (and burning gas in the car), so got online with Home Depot to see if they even carry such a thing.

They do carry it, and I found that you can order it online and they will ship it to their nearest store at no charge, where you can pick it up at Customer Service. You pay for it when you order it, of course, but the price is the same as going in the store, finding it, and paying for it at the cash register, without all the hassle.

Anyway, I thought this was a neat thing to know. It is entirely possible, of course, that everyone else in the entire world already knew it. :-

John

HD and Lowes also give a 10% military discount.

Great tip, John. I did that recently on some blinds for a bedroom. Never thought about trying it for boat parts! Good way to confirm inventory and save time looking in the store for the right part.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom