Old Miss'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was looking at D for dams with an average age of 52 years old. Weak Dams that didn't hold were what led to Columbia, SC flooding so.

We're no longer a young country. At one time, it was as if we had the newer version of everything. Now, our new is old. Look at interstate highways.

And the reality is you can't afford to fix it all.

It reminds me of companies acquired in my past life that thought they were current and low cost producers and then were so shocked to find out how far behind everyone else they were.

And please don't politicize this remark, simply accept it as not an opinion, just a statement of fact: We spent on out military and wars at a greater level than most countries so had less available for infrastructure.

And please don't politicize this remark, simply accept it as not an opinion, just a statement of fact: We spent on out military and wars at a greater level than most countries so had less available for infrastructure.

We use to spend a much higher percentage on our military in the 80s when the economy was booming. Now we spend that percentage on entitlements. The politicians talk a good game about spending money on infrastructure, but handing out the money buys votes.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom