Now is the time to act, we can all do something good!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How interesting, you so feel the need to promote yourself you inject yourself into a conversation you're not part of. Oh wait sorry I used the word "sanctimonious" so I guess you were. But thanks for being an expert on just about everything, and announcing it to all.

No self-promoting, it was just a general comment on the strategy of putting fingers in one's ears and humming when others express opinions or provide data you disagree with. Probably necessary to maintain a belief in MMGW, but still interesting from a psychological standpoint.

Who else is going to fund climate change research?
Do you consider research from oil companies to be unbiased?

If we didn't have so many well documented examples of data fiddling by MMGW promoters; suppression of publishing of contrary findings; the clear interest "climate scientists" have in securing government grants to keep food on the table; or the vast amounts of tax revenue to be acquired by "fighting global warming" it would be easier to think this was a scientific and not political initiative. Sadly, all of the above apply, so it is unlikely people who actually read the research papers are going to be swayed by the kind of political appeal made by so many climate alarmists. Appeals like this:

https://news.grabien.com/story-ocasio-cortez-millennials-were-world-going-end-12-years-if-w

If a magic wand could be waved, what is the ideal CO2 level and why?

No self-promoting, it was just a general comment on the strategy of putting fingers in one's ears and humming when others express opinions or provide data you disagree with. Probably necessary to maintain a belief in MMGW, but still interesting from a psychological standpoint.

How is it I knew you'd also be an expert in psychology? I have certainly questioned your character yet I haven't questioned your opinions, a courtesy you failed to extend to me. In fact your entire effort to attain the feeling of superiority is to tear down anyone that's not genuflecting before you. I see why you have such a large boat, room enough for your ego. And on that pleasant note I'll be parting ways with your royal highness, as truly wonderful as you are I don't feel right distracting you from possible adulation elsewhere as you'll get none here.

I'm all in! I drive a prius and run my trawler at slow steam. My grandchildren will thank those of us who tried to make a difference

Gary

I learned about ten years ago not to assume all Prius drivers where the same. I will never forget the time I blew by one with my Ferrari race car. Open pipes by far the loudest car on the road. I thought I'd left him when I looked in my rear mirror and there he was! Full grin with his hand cuffed on his hear as though he needed to hear more. My kind of car guy. Speaking of a big carbon print here we are with just about 900 Ferraris trying to set the record for most ever on one track at Daytona. Didn't come close. Over 1,000 on Silverstone, and you know how zealous the Britts are about global warming lol.

Attachments

• 20161203_185002.jpg
    20161203_185002.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
How is it I knew you'd also be an expert in psychology? I have certainly questioned your character yet I haven't questioned your opinions, a courtesy you failed to extend to me. In fact your entire effort to attain the feeling of superiority is to tear down anyone that's not genuflecting before you. I see why you have such a large boat, room enough for your ego. And on that pleasant note I'll be parting ways with your royal highness, as truly wonderful as you are I don't feel right distracting you from possible adulation elsewhere as you'll get none here.

Ugh, so cringey. How fragile are you that no one can have a different outlook on life? You have to resort to your own little class warfare talking about his boat.... pathetic.

Sorry guy's but this has run it's course. A refresher on the 'be nice rule' may be in order...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom