Not quite as good as football in a snowstorm...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BandB

Guru
Wifey B: But football when an atmospheric river is dumping on the field is quite interesting. :rofl:

Pigs don't seem to generally mind the rain, but holding on to pigskin (real or fake) in the rain is nearly impossible. :lol:

It was a good game to watch from the comfort of my living room. Not so much fun to be covered by some sort of plastic rain gear. The small crowd of die hard fans were thoroughly drenched.

Not my idea of a good way to spend an afternoon.

On a somewhat related note, we have tickets to this Thursday night's Cards game. We're about 15 minutes from the stadium so there's no long commute.

It was a good game to watch from the comfort of my living room. Not so much fun to be covered by some sort of plastic rain gear. The small crowd of die hard fans were thoroughly drenched.

Not my idea of a good way to spend an afternoon.

On a somewhat related note, we have tickets to this Thursday night's Cards game. We're about 15 minutes from the stadium so there's no long commute.

We're huge sports fans, but the conditions many football fans sit through are not for us either. Can see the game better at home and be comfortable, although seeing it better not as much as it was now that they have the video boards. When I was a kid, I went to a college game and then later in life to a high school game in Boone, NC. I did the first because it was a family thing and had no choice. I did the second as the girl next door at the lake could talk me into anything and she and her friend wanted to go. Froze both times. Even got desperate enough to drink coffee.

Now, I remember playing intramural football in College when the field was nothing but mud and slosh (last night's field was in great shape) and it was pouring down rain and that was actually fun. I scored the winning touchdown when the defender slid down and I was all alone just standing waiting for the pass.

I'm not about to sit in the pouring rain like last night for three hours to see a game. Covered area or suite, ok. I loved the 79 yard punt where the receiver couldn't hold on but then kicked it further themselves.

Back
Top Bottom