NFL to LA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BandB

Guru
Wifey B: I thought LA was going to get a professional football team. Having just watched the Rams lose to the Niners, it's clear they aren't this year. Any idea when they'll get that team? :rofl:

Just glad my city isn't wasting my tax money on an NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB team.

Ted

Just glad my city isn't wasting my tax money on an NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB team.

Ted

Wifey B: Hammond Stadium? My city technically doesn't except for Spring Training and Minor Leagues like Fort Myers does. We let Sunrise and Miami and Miami Gardens do it big time.

Wifey B: Hammond Stadium? My city technically doesn't except for Spring Training and Minor Leagues like Fort Myers does. We let Sunrise and Miami and Miami Gardens do it big time.

Spring training facilities are tourist attractions that generate revenue in the form of out of state tourism and cost a tiny fraction of a Billion dollar major league stadium.

Ted

Spring training facilities are tourist attractions that generate revenue in the form of out of state tourism and cost a tiny fraction of a Billion dollar major league stadium.

Ted

Wifey B: I know...and get used for many other things. However, these are the same arguments used for the billion dollar stadiums and arenas with no proof they will generate the money they say. I love sports, but it's out of hand and cities going wild bidding on them. The last of the champions of doing it himself was Joe Robbie, and then he didn't plan and the estate tax was so much that his kids couldn't keep it. :cry:

Wifey B: I know...and get used for many other things. However, these are the same arguments used for the billion dollar stadiums and arenas with no proof they will generate the money they say. I love sports, but it's out of hand and cities going wild bidding on them. The last of the champions of doing it himself was Joe Robbie, and then he didn't plan and the estate tax was so much that his kids couldn't keep it. :cry:

Not to take away from Joe Robbie, Jack Kent Cooke built Jack Kent Cooke Stadium (now Fedex Field) in 1997 with his own money. It was named for him as he died before it opened. His son wasn't able to keep the stadium and franchise either.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom