New Year's Resolutions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
So how are you all doing?

We have a free gym with classes in our community that we were using but decided that it wasn't cutting the mustard. More geared to old geezers and geezeresses.

So we joined LA Fitness after the new year.

Have hit it every day for the last two weeks (apart from our recent mid-week cruise). It takes up a good two hours every morning, but we are seeing the positive impact.

We haven't gone for the personal trainer yet, but may when we get back from our big boat cruise in the June time frame.

So what are you guys doing for health targets in 2020?

Weight loss targets, fitness targets, health targets?

We both joined Planet Fitness right after the first of the year and like it. I asked the personal trainer for some info on the equipment I'd never used before and he was very quick to respond.

We both hit it about 3-4 times a week and will likely keep it up for the forseeable future.

After a fall of heavy business travel where my primary exercises were fork and wine glass lifting, I am down 6 lbs since Jan 1 on healthy eating and exercise. 10-15 to go.

Running 1.5 miles a day (working up to 3) and working out with dumbells at home. The local gym I previously belonged to had boutique hours and was never open when I needed it.( early afternoons) Given I'm splitting time between SFL, Tampa and Orlando I may need to join a Planet Fitness.

I made a new years resolution to camp more in 2020. My serious motivation for exercise came when this angel of a friend said: "you should come camping with me"

So some of my 2020 boating will be in class 3+ rapids and in rivers under 24" deep. FB_IMG_1578843025818.jpeg

I generally eat healthy and cycle an hour a day when not cruising. Been doing that for 20 years. Hope to do more kayaking this summer while cruising. Working out is fine, but I'd rather get my exercise while sightseeing.

Ted

Working out is fine, but I'd rather get my exercise while sightseeing.

Ted

There's plenty of sightseeing at LA Fitness! In fact it can be very distracting! :D

I went to the gym right after the beginning of the new year.

Asked this good looking girl what her new years resolution was, to which she replied, "F*** You".

I said, "Wow, this is going to be a good year."

Attachments

• Workout.jpg
    Workout.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 32
Her posture is all wrong for that exercise!

mine are eat a little better and don't die . oh and pay off my house.

I went to the gym right after the beginning of the new year.

Asked this good looking girl what her new years resolution was, to which she replied, "F*** You".

I said, "Wow, this is going to be a good year."

:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom