NASA’s Perseverance Rover landing on Mars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iu

Greetings,
What I am personally looking forward to are the aerial pictures from Ingenuity, the on board semi-autonomous helicopter/drone. While there IS a lot of ground footage from previous missions, I'm the type that is always curious about what is over that next hill that may be inaccessible to a ground bound rover.

Even if life evidence is found on Mars this does not mean it will shake down religion foundations. Science and religions are not incompatible at all. Talk to high level physicist working on physics of particles or cosmology and you will see that they reach a point where religion, philosophy and science are mixing together. Religion belief will always fill the vacuum left by what we can't explain when we explained everything else.

Now science fats. Do you know that perseverance, like his elder brother curiosity, and all modern rovers, are using an international standard protocol of communication that was put in place to allow data transfer via of orbiters, whatever its country of origin, in order to foster cooperation, help and data exchange between all countries?

Isn't this the best symbol of humanity and what we humans can achieve when we put aside our differences to much more focus of what we can do when we are united around values like science and knowledge instead of being divided by avidity or domination?

There is hope.

L

Greetings,
What I am personally looking forward to are the aerial pictures from Ingenuity, the on board semi-autonomous helicopter/drone. While there IS a lot of ground footage from previous missions, I'm the type that is always curious about what is over that next hill that may be inaccessible to a ground bound rover.
I'm right with you there.

I'm not expecting to see much. According to NASA Ingenuity is a technology demonstration. It will make up to 5 flights for 90 seconds and a distance of 50 meters max.

Next Mars mission could be different if Ingenuity is a success.
Greetings,

Greetings,
Here we go:

Pretty well the same as all the other Mars photos, so far.

Mr. PB. Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of Ingenuity's mission BUT given the unexpected longevity of some spacecraft (NASA's 10 Greatest Science Missions) it may be that Ingen' will continue to perform with an ever increasing role OR it may crash and burn.

Super fascinating, thanks for that; it's what I was hoping this thread would be.
Now if only we could bring the Wright brothers back for a look see.

Back
Top Bottom