Music favs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have we had anything from Ella Fitzgerald? When the world is in turmoil, there is still Ella and her effortless magical voice.

Greetings,
Just discovered what is probably old hat to you audiophiles...Slap on those bell bottoms and grab the tie-dyes. TONS of nostalgia to be explored: Initially "Private Video" may appear but if you wait a bit, the video usually appears.

https://www.youtube.com/user/myBeatclub

Just ONE, fine example:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting a number by Ella, Bruce. In my book she’s the greatest female vocalist of all time.

Another rock icon has passed away. Little Richard dead at 87. RIP, Richard Penniman.

The Guardian`s Video Obituary for Little Richard. His "singing" voice was unique.
On a visit to Australia he was on a ferry at Newcastle(160km north of Sydney) when he decided to stop show biz and take up religion and preaching. He famously threw his rings and neck chains into the harbour (he wore a lot of jewellery!). Though later he resumed singing, but with a religious outreach.

Can anyone school (remind) me on how to embed a YouTube clip using an iPad? Either Apple or TF has changed some code or I’ve lost a few more synapses.

Thanks.

Ian, the IPad remains a mystery to me. Note that I have not been posting much sine I started using one. If anyone knows I will be looking out, too.

Greetings,
Just discovered what is probably old hat to you audiophiles...Slap on those bell bottoms and grab the tie-dyes. TONS of nostalgia to be explored: Initially "Private Video" may appear but if you wait a bit, the video usually appears.

https://www.youtube.com/user/myBeatclub

Just ONE, fine example:

How about, "Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night.":dance:

Ian, the IPad remains a mystery to me. Note that I have not been posting much sine I started using one. If anyone knows I will be looking out, too.

Don, I’ll try to figure out what’s going on and post it. I had no problems embedding videos with the iPad before. Something’s changed.

Incognito Dirty Lowdown Live in London.

With Mario Biondi. Incognito is so good live onstage. Lifts us out of the Covid blues.

With Mario Biondi. Incognito is so good live onstage. Lifts us out of the Covid blues.

Bruce, I think Boz Skaggs wrote “Low Down”, and recorded it first.

This one has the Andrews Sisters singing in what I think is Yiddish. It’s also got a bunch of really cool airplanes, a fake ship, and a bunch of really pretty Russian dancers.

Reminiscing during Covid Times - LRB

Last edited:
Good one, Bruce. Saw them back in the day open for Jimmy Buffet. Glad I wasn’t following them because the crowd clearly wanted more LRB.

One my faves:

https://youtu.be/l2FXzlhrMgA

(Sorry it’s just a link; I’ve lost the ability to embed vids on the iPad.)

Good one, Bruce. Saw them back in the day open for Jimmy Buffet. Glad I wasn’t following them because the crowd clearly wanted more LRB.

One my faves:

(Sorry it’s just a link; I’ve lost the ability to embed vids on the iPad.)

Sir

Open your link in Safari instead of YouTube App.
Safari will create a YouTube.com link instead of YouTube.be
Copy the YouTube.com link then paste into your TF post. You will be fine.

i.e. Link from YouTube App .be
is not working.
Same Link from Safari but .com
is working.

Bottom line: Forget YouTube App when you post video clip on TF from iPad & iPhone. Use Safari only.

Last edited:
This one has the Andrews Sisters singing in what I think is Yiddish. It’s also got a bunch of really cool airplanes, a fake ship, and a bunch of really pretty Russian dancers.

Mazaltov Sir. Indeed it’s Yiddish. It was composed by Jacob Jacobs and Sholom Secunda for a 1932 Yiddish comedy musical, I Would If I Could.

Success!

La Mer

Very kind of you to take the time to solve my dilemma. As you can see, your solution works! I used to do it a different way, but it stopped working for me after an iOS upgrade.

Merci, mon ami.

- - - -

I really like the spontaneity of this series with Les Paul. And Steve Howe makes playing the guitar look as effortless as breathing.

I’m really enjoying this thread.
How about Must be Something in the Water for The Trawler Forum

Back
Top Bottom