Music favs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was looking for a particular version of "Rain Sometimes", just because we need it so much here. I didn`t find it, but discovered this, by the wonderful, and great, Nancy Wilson. Then I scrolled to the comments, and read with surprise, Nancy Wilson died, a year ago. A huge loss:

I found this gem by Nancy Wilson,"Hello like Before" a complex Bill Withers song I posted previously. As a kid, discovering the superlative Nancy Wilson, my sister had LPs by her and by Dakota Staten. If you liked the one above try this, if not, maybe not.

Last edited:
Ok here is my Christmas song. The blond is Telly Savalas’ daughter. Don’t worry, she doesn’t look like him. The tap dancer is amazing.

Quintessentially Australian(though not born there),Jimmy Barnes ("Barnsey"), with Diesel:

I took my wife to see the Glenn Miller Orchestra last night. It was great! I’ve always loved his music but this was the first time I’ve heard it live. The current band leader was very good. He would talk about the history of each piece. He was a great singer as well. When he sang Chattanooga Choo Choo you would have thought it was TEX Beneke. This is the band we heard last night.
https://youtu.be/d_1hwwqN0vA

Inspiration...

83356540_10217524659763276_1905642951619379200_n.jpg

The Dolphins

The Dolphins - by the remarkable, talented and mysteries song writer, Fred Neil

and song by Linda Ronstadt with a bit more video

in Loving Memory of my Mother, Marilyn, 1930 - 2/6/20
and in Loving Memory of my Father in-law, Benjamin, 1945 - 2/9/20

Samantha Fish- Artist of the year

This Kansas City girl's performances are a destination. She is considered one of the best female guitar players today. Not bad to look at she plays a mean cigar and oil can slide. Legendary Mike Zito will be playing with her this sat. the 15th at Skippers smoke house in Tampa. Rumor is the surprise guest ... Willie Neilson Check her out on the net and go see her. She plays small venues all over the country. Highly recomended

The Dolphins - by the remarkable, talented and mysteries song writer, Fred Neil

in Loving Memory of my Mother, Marilyn, 1930 - 2/6/20
and in Loving Memory of my Father in-law, Benjamin, 1945 - 2/9/20

It’s terrible to read about the loss of your mother and your father-in-law almost at the same time. My sincere sympathies go out to you and your family.
When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.

It’s terrible to read about the loss of your mother and your father-in-law almost at the same time. My sincere sympathies go out to you and your family.
When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.

Mr. OMC thank you for the kind words and lovely sentiment.

Grief is the price you pay for love, both were one of a kind great loving people, the salt the earth raised their families in loving homes.

What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. - Helen Keller

"The Gambler"

Iconic country music legend Kenny Rogers died Friday evening at his home. RIP, Kenny...

Attachments

• Kenny.jpg
    Kenny.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 37
The best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep - RIP KR

I like Christophe Mae, I am sure not many people heard him. I used to listen to him a lot when I had real estate in Cannes

Welcome to the.music thread, Feloze. That young man had his own unique style.
Please keep posting.

I like Christophe Mae, I am sure not many people heard him. I used to listen to him a lot when I had real estate in Cannes

Last edited:
Death of a Giant

Bill Withers has left us, his legacy is sensual heartwarming melodies carried by a proud and confident voice sometimes fragile always sensitive :
Ain't No Sunshine, Use me, Lovely Day, Just the Two of Us with Grover Washington, Lean on Me what was an anthem to friendship.

Class, class and always more class... RIP Bill...

That’s a nice remembrance, Olivier. Thanks for posting.

For anyone who likes the Beatles, this movie from last summer is a really clever, sweet tribute to the Fab Four. Great performances and lots of (much needed) laughs. Don’t look for logic; just go with it.

https://youtu.be/Ry9honCV3qc

Last edited:
Bill Withers has left us, his legacy is sensual heartwarming melodies carried by a proud and confident voice sometimes fragile always sensitive..
A significant loss. Though I posted this before here it is again, the intriguing "Hello Like Before":

Thank you, Olivier. We have lost so many “giants”, but thankfully their music and videos were recorded. Sometimes it is like they never left us. I think it is wonderful that we can still enjoy their music.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom