Interior wood.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corpcode

Hi all was wondering if I could possibly get some help. I have a 1987 43 ft president troller. I had some damage that was done to the wood inside due to some water leakage. The leaks have been repaired but the wood. Is permanently damaged.I would like to repair these areas with real wood veneer I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of wood this year boat used. Or did the manufacturer use several types of wood? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure, but a pick would help. Even if you get the same species of wood, I think that getting an exact match will be a bitch (been there). Some true wood guys can get a seamless match, but even for the pros that is tricky.

You might want to replace a section with natural “break lines” like a corner or where theres a seam, or maybe curtains hang down.

Even if you section it, you may want clean and redo the teak to help blend.

If done right, I think the repair will not be noticeable to everyone that comes on your boat, but if your like me, you'll always notice the difference, lmao.

Fade will be an issue. Even if you find the right timber, time will have changed the original color. On a previous boat we replaced one large section and managed to use the undamaged parts of it to replace another smaller area, thus getting a pre faded replacement.

Not sure, but a pic would help. Even if you get the same species of wood, I think that getting an exact match will be a bitch (been there). Some true wood guys can get a seamless match, but even for the pros that is tricky.

You might want to replace a section with natural “break lines” like a corner or where theres a seam, or maybe curtains hang down.

Even if you section it, you may want clean and redo the teak to help blend.

If done right, I think the repair will not be noticeable to everyone that comes on your boat, but if your like me, you'll always notice the difference, lmao.

Everything he ^^^^^ said. Find something maybe a hair lighter with matching (sort of) grain and then experiment with (tinted) oils until you get close (enough). Been there, still doing it.

I would post s few pics. Some close up grain, some a little further out.

Once folks see the grain etc…. They will be able to advise more. Probably teak. But then again, you never know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom