Interesting perspective

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I scanned a dozen or so articles that were on both sides of the argument....easy to see all or none of the arguments. Simplify the problem and the answer to that one point of view is clear...but the whole problem isn't so easily answered.

Something as complicated as overpopulation is not in the hands of just one professional specialty, in fact few things in life are.

Hard to believe that some may actually think so.

No problem....if your wife and daughters arechaving as many kids as your great grandmothers did. Ill bet theyre not.

Well he's correct that there we be a massive die off before it doubles.

Ted

Wrong...they dont say theyll be a massive dieoff. They say it will peak,,,,then go down. BTW, how many kids do your wifecand daughters have , compared to your granny. She had,,,what...6 or 10?

You are focused on one variable...another 99 and I may have to start seeing your point.

Wasn't there sort of a massive die off this year and maybe into the next?

Did the people in my grandparents lifetime live as long?

Wish I could thing in only one parameter at a time.....

Last edited:
O C Diver....."run out of resources"? Like what, we've never run out of anything. The Club of Rome prediction pn that was debunked, proven wrong, and Paul Ehrlich had tp pay a lot of money on the bet he was challenged to.

So you think there's an endless supply of raw materials in the earth.

Ever hear of Endangered Species? When we hunt animals to extinction or the brink of extinction, does that count in your mind? As a growing percentage of people in the world can't obtain safe driving water because of pollution and over population, does that register with you? Or is your myopic view of the world limited to this country or maybe within 10' of you?

Ted

Last edited:
Wrong...they dont say theyll be a massive dieoff. They say it will peak,,,,then go down. BTW, how many kids do your wifecand daughters have , compared to your granny. She had,,,what...6 or 10?
Well that's a relief. So they've told all the poor and the people living in 3rd world countries to only have 2 children. Could you show me anything that resembles science to show that's going to happen?

My wife and I had 2 children. My daughter didn't. My son might. And your next deflection is?

Ted

Last edited:
You are focused on one variable...another 99 and I may have to start seeing your point.

Wasn't there sort of a massive die off this year and maybe into the next?

Did the people in my grandparents lifetime live as long?

Wish I could thing in only one parameter at a time.....

No, there WASNT a massive die off. There was one in the black death in europe though.
And in your great grannies time...how many kids did she have, and howcmany your wife and daughters?

Sir Richard Attenborough had some interesting conclusions to make about population control and protecting our environment. It wasn’t exactly politically-correct but I believe it was spot on

Each had two.....so once again your logic fails....not entirely but asking me did.

Not a massive die off? Hmmmm...sounds like what I have said all along...the discussion is a matter of opinion/ perspective....not so called "facts".

Ever hear of Endangered Species? When we hunt animals to extinction or the brink of extinction, does that count in your mind? As a growing percentage of people in the world can't obtain safe driving water because of pollution and over population, does that register with you? Or is your myopic view of the world limited to this country or maybe within 10' of you?

Ted

No, I dont think there is an endless supply of raw materials, nor did I say that. What did zI really say though? That we didnt run out of any. Do you see the big difference ther?
I dont believe your statement that " a growing percentage ....cant obtain clen drinking water". Its not true. Ive travelled a lot...and nowadays way MORE peoplechave access to cheap drinking water. Here in the dominicsn rep....even the poorest lstely csn buy those 5 gallon jugs of water...here its 30 pesos...less that one dollsr.....same in thecphillipines,,,same in thailand,,,etc.....when i started travelling that wasnt the case...only gringos could buy expensive bottled water. Same all over the third world...clesn r/o drinking wster is cheap. So not only didnt we run out of it...theres more of it.

Well that's a relief. So they've told all the poor and the people living in 3rd world countries to only have 2 children. Could you show me anything that resembles science to show that's going to happen?

My wife and I had 2 children. My daughter didn't. My son might. And your next deflection is?

Ted

So only two kids..and your granny? Your great granny?

Last edited:
Each had two.....so once again your logic fails....not entirely but asking me did.

Not a massive die off? Hmmmm...sounds like what I have said all along...the discussion is a matter of opinion/ perspective....not so called "facts".

Right only 2..that must be you wife and daughters...how many your granny and great granny?

2 each wrong again.

Here's more about your "opinions not facts"

https://www.circleofblue.org/2010/w...19-solutions-to-the-global-freshwater-crisis/

The global opinion poll, which released a survey of more than 1,200 sustainability experts in March, concludes that water shortages will shift public perception of the value of water, prompting governments and companies to view clean water not as a commodity to exploit but as a precious resource.

2 each wrong again.

Here's more about your "opinions not facts"

https://www.circleofblue.org/2010/w...19-solutions-to-the-global-freshwater-crisis/

The global opinion poll, which released a survey of more than 1,200 sustainability experts in March, concludes that water shortages will shift public perception of the value of water, prompting governments and companies to view clean water not as a commodity to exploit but as a precious resource.

Thats one of the...confirmation bias....pieces i mentioned. There is morethan ever clear water now than ever...see my other message about that. There are only shortages in certain places, and because of war, etc.

Well, once again your experts, articles and travels disagree with my experts, articles and travels.....:rofl:

What confirmation bias piece?

Moving on.....done....

Last edited:
Well, once again your experts, articles and travels disagree with my experts, articles and travels.....:rofl:

What confirmation bias piece?

Moving on.....done....

Your site are not demographers, but a special interest group of biased SJWs, ones who lie and scare monger to get government grants and donations from gullible people. And ...looks like you wont tell us how many kids your ancestor women had, as compared to your wife and daughters.

So only two kids..and your granny? Your great granny?

One grandmother had two. My other grandmother had three. One died near birth and the other died at 15.

No idea about great grandmothers.

Anymore pointless deflections?

Ted

No, I dont think there is an endless supply of raw materials, nor did I say that. What did zI really say though? That we didnt run out of any. Do you see the big difference ther?
I dont believe your statement that " a growing percentage ....cant obtain clen drinking water". Its not true. Ive travelled a lot...and nowadays way MORE peoplechave access to cheap drinking water. Here in the dominicsn rep....even the poorest lstely csn buy those 5 gallon jugs of water...here its 30 pesos...less that one dollsr.....same in thecphillipines,,,same in thailand,,,etc.....when i started travelling that wasnt the case...only gringos could buy expensive bottled water. Same all over the third world...clesn r/o drinking wster is cheap. So not only didnt we run out of it...theres more of it.

Maybe you should educate yourself a little more on the problems outside your view.

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/drinking-water

Ted

Maybe you should educate yourself a little more on the problems outside your view.

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/drinking-water

Ted

I had said we never ran out of any resources, and nobody has shown any, and we haven't even run out of water. My 'view', was examples from at least three specific third world countries countries where even the poorest can buy cheap 5 gallon jugs ofcwater. Its common all over the world. In the meantime , the admins have warned me of their censorship policies. One of those is to not hurt peoples feelings by putting them on the spot(but they seem fine with some members lying about me).

Last edited:
My 'view', was examples from atleast three specific third world countries countries where even the poorest can buy cheap 5 gallon jugs ofcwater. Its common all over the world.

So you think the poor living in 3rd world countries can go down to there local Walmart and pick up 5 gallon jugs of water cheap. Don't let the fact that they have no money and these stores don't exist in many areas (because the people don't have any money to buy with) cloud your imagination.

While the rate of growth may slow as a percentage of the population, the rate continues to grow and isn't forecast to decline.

https://www.worldometers.info/world...on in the world is,81 million people per year.

In a year with the borders closed for most of the year and the limitations of a pandemic discouraging reproduction, the population has still grown almost 2 million in 2020. Just wait till the borders get opened next year and imagination legal and illegal resumes.

Ted

Why is it disheartening? Your house was built in what once was a wide-open space. You have your piece of the earth but yet you apparently have a problem with others seeking/needing a nice place to live? This is a process that has been on-going since the pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock. Native Americans are probably the only folks who have a legitimate complaint in this regard.
Except that all those wide open spaces are mostly privately held. Particularly on the East Coast. It's not like you can wander around and say "Hmmm, this looks like a nice place, I think I'll build my house here." And even if you did. In 20 years that nice area around your house will be completely different unless you happen to control all the surrounding area as well. I live in No. VA. I travel for work a lot for a few weeks at a time. Every time I come home another patch of woods has been cleared for a new subdivision, shopping area, large business, or road. I find it pretty disheartening.

David, it is mantra but not one confined to left-wingers. It is espoused by those that already have "theirs" but want to deny others from getting the same.
The whole complaint about world overpopulation is bogus. Whenever I ask any of those crusaders what the guys whomknow most abput it say(that's professional demographers), they never know, and refuse to look it up. Its a left wing mantra, and these guys prefer their confirmation boas, to proper study of the matter.

Define overcrowding.
I think the world is overpopulated.

Its not about the empty space, its about overcrowding of desirable spaces.

On top of all the environmental issues.

My mother-in-law came from a farming family of 18 live births. She had eight kids. My wife has four children. No more than two grandchildren in any of our childens' families. Japan has a big problem with a decreasing population.

Endless supply of raw materials? Nope. So why is it that there is not universal support for phasing out the use of fossil fuels? Oil is used for so many other essential products than just internal combustion engines. Why not save the oil for those uses? Or, maybe my idiot brother-in-law is correct, that the earth is squeezing out more oil, an endless supply.

Ted

Endless supply of raw materials? Nope. So why is it that there is not universal support for phasing out the use of fossil fuels? Oil is used for so many other essential products than just internal combustion engines. Why not save the oil for those uses? Or, maybe my idiot brother-in-law is correct, that the earth is squeezing out more oil, an endless supply.

The simple answer is that it will take time to convert the things that can be converted (I don't see a conversation away from fossil fuel for aviation any time soon). Fossil fuel accounts for over 60% of grid electricity in this country. And while renewable energy is up to 7%, replacing the roughly 20% generated by nuclear power will probably have to happen first as the nuclear power plants age out. Finally, it would probably take a decade to produce and replace all the home heating units that are currently fueled by oil, propane, and natural gas.

Ted

So you think the poor living in 3rd world countries can go down to there local Walmart and pick up 5 gallon jugs of water cheap. Don't let the fact that they have no money and these stores don't exist in many areas (because the people don't have any money to buy with) cloud your imagination.

While the rate of growth may slow as a percentage of the population, the rate continues to grow and isn't forecast to decline.

https://www.worldometers.info/world...on in the world is,81 million people per year.

In a year with the borders closed for most of the year and the limitations of a pandemic discouraging reproduction, the population has still grown almost 2 million in 2020. Just wait till the borders get opened next year and imagination legal and illegal resumes.

Ted

No, I did t say I 'thi k' that, but ha e seen it. Here in do inican even the poorest do i deed have acvess to, and buy 5 gal jugs of r/o water for 30 pesos...one dollar is 56 pesos. And they dont have to go to walmart, but just to about every street corner. And i saw the same in the Philippines, thailan, vambodia, and e ery other of the many third world countries ive been to.

Back
Top Bottom