I just lost my brother...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve91T

Guru
Vessel Name
Abeona
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 47’ Sundeck
It’s incredible how fast life completely changes. From that moment when your wife says “I’m pregnant” to that moment when you walk out of the hospital knowing that your loved one isn’t coming with you.

Last week I lost my brother. He was a healthy 36 year old F-16 pilot with a two girls, a 5 year old and a 1 year old....who’s first birthday was one day before his funeral. And he was my best friend.

My brother hadn’t seen our boat yet and couldn’t wait to. My dad, brother and I were planning a “dude’s cruise” in a couple of weeks from now. We were going to go somewhere cool and anchor for a night along the way. Just the 3 of us...he couldn’t wait. One of my last text to him was about this trip, just the night before things went downhill.

He recently had an elective surgery that was suppose to be low risk with a quick recovery and ended up having a complication. The unthinkable happened.

I honestly thought I’d be able to say more but I don’t know what else to say. I feel terrible for his girls. I know this is part of life and people deal with this all the time and they get through it....I can’t fathom that right now.

Anyway, Here is what his air national guard base wrote about him. He was a pretty awesome guy. He was already in his heaven.

Here is his link to his gofundme for his girls.

https://gf.me/u/yk8xv8

Attachments

• E95E999A-3A69-4E2B-A747-B29A257F6793.jpg
    E95E999A-3A69-4E2B-A747-B29A257F6793.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Damn Steve, I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure you have many many memories of him to help carry you through this.

You are obviously so proud of him.

36 is just too too young.

Stay strong bro. Lots of love to his wife and children.

Last edited:
Steve,

Words fail me. You and your family are in my thoughts and I’ll be praying for all.

Matt

Very sorry for your loss. Some things don’t make sense however you look at it. Hang in there. We are all thinking about you.

So sorry for your loss

A gaping hole in your heart, an ache that cannot be filled; you will wake tomorrow forgetting he is gone, you will dream of fun times together and then remember - know that he is with you in spirit, and his spirit is in peace.

Praying for you.

Brendan

A limb has fallen from your family tree.
I keep hearing a voice that says, "Grieve not for me.
Remember the best times, the laughter, the song.
The good life I lived while I was strong.

Continue my heritage, I'm counting on you.
Keep smiling and surely the sun will shine through.
My mind is at ease, my soul is at rest.
Remembering all, how I truly was blessed.

Continue traditions, no matter how small.
Go on with your life, don't worry about falls
I miss you all dearly, so keep up your chin.
Until the day comes we're together again.

Sounds like a great guy. I’m so sorry for your loss. I wish I had known him.

Steve,

What a gut punch. A brother is special.

I hope the support you get from the gang here helps, even if only in a small way. It's an honor that you shared with us.

I will be thinking good thoughts for you,
Frosty

Last edited:
Much sorry for your loss Steve. Life is fragile and this reminds us all the hard way that we don't have a day to waste.
My condolences.

Take care and best wishes.

L

Devastating news. Take care of family, and take time for self too. My sympathies.

Sorry for your loss, A life cut short so young, is so unfair.

I echo the condolences above. Gone far too soon.

Bad news. I’m sorry. I hope you find the strength to take the “Dude’s Cruise” with your father. Both of you guys need it more than ever.

Sorry for your loss, no word can describe your pain right now but please know that even if we never met we are with you in thoughts.

I echo the condolences above. Gone far too soon.

Indeed, and heartfelt condolences from our entire TF site team. I'm sure I speak for any of us who might miss this thread. :flowers:

Very sorry for your loss Steve. Please accept this virtual internet hug.

So very sorry to hear of his passing. Like the song says, " Only the good die young."

Ted

I remember the surreal feeling when my brother went too young. We’re never ready for the loss of a loved one—even when we think we are. Really sorry for your loss, Steve.

I am sorry for your loss.
Still time to take the cruise and reliving the good times.

Sorry for your loss Steve.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are for the family. As an ER provider of 30 years I will tell you it bothers us when we loose a young one especially, and there is no such thing as a minor surgery. Mt heart felt sympathies.

So sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Jim

Sometimes you read something and it is a resonating gut punch. So sorry for your loss. I know you will be a great uncle.

Although your story relating to a minor surgery is exceedingly uncommon, as an anesthesiologist every once in a while I feel like something (personally I'd like to think its God) is in the room with us and has his own plan.

Sorry for your loss...

My sincere condolences Steve. I know you have lost much more than a brother.
Our country has lost a hero and patriot. He left this world with the respect, admiration, and gratitude from this man he never met. Bill

Aww... damn. Very sorry for your loss. Our deepest condolences. It was just his time... but that doesn’t make it any easier.

Back
Top Bottom