Humor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Cargile...

Have you inside/outside photos and stories to share of your Cargile Cutter? That boat has always interested the heck out of me. I've read some background on it and think it is basically inspirational regarding a useable small cruiser design.

Thanks, Art :speed boat:
Uploaded a couple of dozen photos to my profile, an album. They should be visible to all. If not, please let me know.

Last edited:
Uploaded a couple of dozen photos to my profile, an album. They should be visible to all. If not, please let me know.

Don't see your photos. A "couple of dozen photos" may overload TF's system??

I have seen some send many photos... but... they were spaced apart in separate posts having several photos each and posted one after the other. About the most I've ever sent were 4 or 5 on one post.

Looking forward to see yours... Good Luck! :thumb:

EDIT - WOOPS!! I did not clearly read your post - I visited your profile and see photos!!

Last edited:
Cargile - Thanks for all the photos in your profile. That's the cleanest one I've seen. Looks near new!

You have any cruising stats... such as general speed, top speed and fuel use?

Even though outdrives are not my favorite propulsion unit... I would like to have a boat like yours in our yard. Beam thin enough for hwy towing and what's air draft on the trailer for bridges... etc?

Best - Art

Boy, some of the popular comedians are right, even humor has become a minefield. Use the wrong acronym and you can't even be sure it's offensive or not. I noticed that news story in Britain where one of the ladies at court (Q. Elizabeth's former lady in waiting I think) was at a social function and asked a guest where the guest was from, that is, where her family was from. Caused a huge uproar and she was drummed off the committee or charity group and had to make a deep apology so they'll still allow her to attend the coronation. When people ask me that question -- with a middle name like Evald -- I don't think twice. It's just a matter of cordial social curiosity. Grandad was German, other side was Russian/Polish, and then one line came over on the Mayflower. Never understood why that's a big deal. Heck, family history is even a matter of pride for some people. One grandfather lied about his age, came over on the boat at (we think) 14 years old with $35 in his pocket. And my grandmother worked in a rubber factory making sneakers in Connecticut. Two generations later the family is huge and I own a "yacht" and a house that they could only have dreamed of when he was 14 on that ship passing the Statue of Liberty. Now that took guts. Sheesh.

...not to mention thread drift....

Humor anyone?

Boy, some of the popular comedians are right, even humor has become a minefield. Use the wrong acronym and you can't even be sure it's offensive or not. I noticed that news story in Britain where one of the ladies at court (Q. Elizabeth's former lady in waiting I think) was at a social function and asked a guest where the guest was from, that is, where her family was from. Caused a huge uproar and she was drummed off the committee or charity group and had to make a deep apology so they'll still allow her to attend the coronation. When people ask me that question -- with a middle name like Evald -- I don't think twice. It's just a matter of cordial social curiosity. Grandad was German, other side was Russian/Polish, and then one line came over on the Mayflower. Never understood why that's a big deal. Heck, family history is even a matter of pride for some people. One grandfather lied about his age, came over on the boat at (we think) 14 years old with $35 in his pocket. And my grandmother worked in a rubber factory making sneakers in Connecticut. Two generations later the family is huge and I own a "yacht" and a house that they could only have dreamed of when he was 14 on that ship passing the Statue of Liberty. Now that took guts. Sheesh.
The incident you dwell upon could be looked at in a quite different light than you do.
How would a person from a formerly enslaved family correctly answer? Some examples:

I don't know where my great-great-great grandparents were before their abduction.

Or: Would you like to know where the slave ship came from or where it landed?

In your example, the guest answered, honestly and with class, that she was from Britain.

Sheesh.

Last edited:

Good story but sorry, after a couple of reads I can't find any humor.

Political debate here is never productive or allowed and rarely funny. Think a little deeper than the surface, and there's really no humor in your post regardless.

Ability to create, understand and enjoy humor is one of the few truly exceptional capabilities that humans have in comparison to other species.

What do you call it when 100 people stand on a wooden dock?... Pier pressure!

Buggs Bunny always moors at the... "What's Up Dock??!!

Why is mail that's going by water cargo and by land shipment??

Last edited:
Thanks Art, finally something humorous!

In my next life I want to live my life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in an old people's home feeling better every day. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. You work for 40 years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol, and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to primary school, you become a kid, you play. You have no responsibilities, you become a baby until you are born. And then you spend your last 9 months floating in luxurious spa-like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then Voila! You finish off as an orgasm.

Woody Allen

In my next life I want to live my life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in an old people's home feeling better every day. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. You work for 40 years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol, and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to primary school, you become a kid, you play. You have no responsibilities, you become a baby until you are born. And then you spend your last 9 months floating in luxurious spa-like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then Voila! You finish off as an orgasm.

Woody Allen

I'll be your twin! Please, Please!! :dance::dance:

I bought a new bull the other day.

Damn thing couldn't be less interested in female gender.

Figured I'd lost some $$$ and could always slaughter that bull for frozen meat

Decided to bring a veterinarian to my ranch

Vet checks out the bull and says; heck... problem is slang named bulznogo. I said WHAT??

Vet says, here give him two of these a day. BIG change will happen.

Next thing I know that bull is screwing every female of his on the ranch. Got so horny he was jumping over fences and getting into my neighbors' ranches to screw their stock.

After couple weeks I happen to run into the vet again... He asks: What do you think of the sex-jump medicine I provided for your bull?"

I asked if he has it in cherry flavor...mint taste was a bit too tangy!!

Last edited:
What did the magician say to the fisherman? "Pick a cod, any cod"

"Wine Time" Beccy Cole

Music Faves or Humor? Not sure it matters but it`s sure not my music. So "Humor" it is.

Reactions: Art
Through the pitch-black night, the captain sees a light dead ahead on a collision course with his ship.

He sends a signal: "Change your course ten degrees east."

The light signals back: "Change yours, ten degrees west."

Angry, the captain sends: "I'm a Navy captain! Change your course, sir!"

"I'm a seaman, second class," comes the reply. "Change your course, sir."

Now the captain is furious. "I'm a battleship! I'm not changing course!"

There's one last reply. "I'm a lighthouse. Your call."

A week ago my mother-in-law began reading “The Exorcist”. She said it was the most evil book she ever read. So evil in fact, she couldn’t finish it, took over to the beach and threw it into the ocean off a fishing pier.

I went out and bought another copy, ran the faucet over it and left by her bed.

I’m going to hell.

Last edited:
During a good manners and etiquette class, the teacher says to her students: "If you were courting a well-educated young girl from a prominent family and during a dinner for two you needed to go to the toilet, what would you say to her?"
Mike replies "Wait a minute, I'm going for a pee."
The teacher says : "That would be very rude and improper on your part." Charlie replies: "I'm sorry I need to go to the toilet, I'll be back in a minute." The teacher says : "That's much better but to mention the word ''toilet'' during a meal, is unpleasant."
And little Johnny says: "My dear, please excuse me for a moment. I have to go shake hands with a personal friend, whom, I hope, to be able to introduce to you after dinner. "
The teacher passed out..

Before leaving the room,a colleague would sometimes say, "I`m off to shake hands with the unemployed". Took me a while to get it.

Salty Language

Attachments

• F9AE1B31-790C-47A5-AE7F-1EA2CD19EA02.jpg
    F9AE1B31-790C-47A5-AE7F-1EA2CD19EA02.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 45
This one made me think of you Trawler Forum guys.

Attachments

• B7030E3A-E19F-4FAA-96C6-D67B44EF9EB2.jpg
    B7030E3A-E19F-4FAA-96C6-D67B44EF9EB2.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 43
And little Johnny says: "My dear, please excuse me for a moment. I have to go shake hands with a personal friend, whom, I hope, to be able to introduce to you after dinner. "
The teacher passed out..
I did not see it coming. Thanks.

This is the best commercial ever, especially the last line of the song.

This is the best commercial ever, especially the last line of the song.

Have seen that very funny video before. However... for me the link on your post did not bring that video onto screen.

Back
Top Bottom