How many TrawlerForum members?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To drive statistics at his website. He has admitted to me via pm that controversy involving him at this website increases traffic at his own.

Nah. That was pre-2015. By 2015, it was over. We were the market leader. I didn't need the attention. I didn't need the controversy. Taking controversial stances of things I believed in (like the dangers of paper charts) were something that I wouldn't back down on. It was something I honestly believed and the controversy provided many more new ActiveCaptain users. By 2015, that wasn't needed any longer. The readers were already users, or they'd never be because they weren't really cruising.

Here's why I like it here...seriously.

Whenever I write about something, or whenever someone posts something here that I wrote in a newsletter, the most negative, aggressive, and obnoxious interpretation of what I wrote will be brought out. It's consistent.

...and there's nothing better for me because it gives me a chance to see what the most negative people will think about a particular topic I wrote about. I'll be writing more about anchor alarm circles tomorrow. I'm sure this will be the place where the most negative spin on the subject will take place.

So it's easy to receive all the thanks and agreement emails and postings in other places. This place allows me to see the worst interpretation of any subject I'm involved with. And because of that, it valuable in a strange way.

Outside of that, I'm new to owning a steel boat. I'm hoping there will be some expertise here about it when I have questions so I can give out some of the "Thanks" back that I've received here over the last 9 years. So far, that hasn't worked out, but if nothing else, I'm optimistic that there is some good lurking in the corners around here.

The members page displays info we believe is relevant and more details are probably not needed. Please remember that we keep members account details private and we don't share, rent, sell or loan out the info. Jeffrey if you have further concerns (keeping in mind this last bit) please contact me directly. Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:
Good idea. All you need to do is click on Join Date. So the oldest member is 10/1/2007.

Interestingly, member 17, who joined on 10/5/2007 is little ole me. I was written by the group starting it up to come add to the group. I was also one of the earliest members of "TrawlerWorld" (now T&T) back in the 90's.

But even more interesting from the member list:

- 66% of the members have made fewer than 10 posts.

- 4 members have made more than 10,000 postings (deserving an OMG award)

- 93 members have made more than 1,000 postings and are responsible for the bulk of the conversations here.

I'd bet I've owned a trawler longer than most of the people here. I'd bet I've put more miles on a trawler than most of the people here. I'd bet that I've lived aboard a trawler for longer than most of the people here.

I routinely answer questions about trawlers, marine electronics, etc. Are you telling me that I'm not welcome here? Or that my postings (when I'm not being attacked) are not useful here?

Here's a challenge to you - how about creating a list of the people, in order, who have received the most "Thanks"? That should be easy to do. List the top 100 members - they should be proud of their accomplishment and helpful advice. And I'll bet I'm on that list (I'm not in the top 93 list of people who post a lot).

Even better - then take that list and divide the number of thanks by the number of posts. That will give a percentage of useful posts made by the member. Post that order. Then challenge me about why I'm here. In fact, as a shortcut, how about just posting that percentage for me and for you?

No need my friend. I founded this forum. So I am responsible for every single "thanks" that has ever been thanked on....so put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom