Here We Go Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Welcome to the new NFL Season - the 100th.

Jags contract Nick Foles during the off-season to finally get a decent QB.

Breaks his collar bone in the first quarter of the first game of the season and may miss most of the season.

[Rookie WSU QB did OK though].

Ah well. Need to buy some paper bags and look forward to a early draft pick - AGAIN!

Last edited:
It was definitely NOT a good day for Florida teams. I do feel bad for Foles though.

Attachments

• index.png
    index.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 681
I grew up watching the Cleveland Browns,,,,,, I am still waiting for that title Vinnie was going to get us.....

I truly do appreciate the NFL! Nothing clears the AICW on a Sunday like the NFL. Corporation Washington playing corporation Philadelphia, etc. Saw this in the grocery store the other day and wonder how brainwashed you had to be to pay extra for chips with you team logo.

20190908_150619.jpg

The absolute best boating day of the year is super bowl Sunday. On the East coast, it's a night game and the possessed masses can't even think straight enough in the morning to go boating. I never really appreciated the NFL till I boated on super bowl Sunday. Keep up the good work! :thumb:

Ted

Then there's Roethlisberger out for the season, Brees out for 6 weeks .... The NFL's tough on QBs this year.

Lots of empty seats at a lot of games this weekend.

Foles' collarbone lag screwed together - out for min 8 weeks. I don't think any team is interested in Kaepernick.

SOOOOO which one of these teams will pick up Kaepernick

Apparently they'll play guys who don't belong in the NFL, don't even belong in the XFL or CFL or any FL but won't give Kaepernick a chance, even though he's a proven winner. He'd be the perfect guy to step in for Cam Newton. Meanwhile abusers and others get chance after chance.

However you feel about Kaepernick, IMHO he violated rule 1 - don't piss off the boss. In his case, the boss is the NFL.

Billy Mitchell was court-marshalled because he violated rule 1. Happens all the time.

Doesn't make it right, but there it is.

Kaepernic wasn't offered a better contract to keep him a 49er for good reasons. If he was as great as he thinks he is, another team would pick him up. He is more trouble than he's worth. His antics has cost the NFL attendance and everybody involved will eventually get less money because of him. I haven't watched the NFL since the first knee. And if the NFL doesn't solve the knee problem permanently, I never will again. Kaepernic hates the US. Maybe he should go somewhere else.

Kaepernic hates the US. Maybe he should go somewhere else.

His opinions are different to yours. There is no reason to suggest an American citizen with different opinions to you needs to leave the US anymore than you would accept people saying you should leave the US because you have a different opinion to them.

Both examples I would indeed suggest are un-American.

Think about that.

Anyway - back to the JAGS.

His opinions are different to yours. There is no reason to suggest an American citizen with different opinions to you needs to leave the US anymore than you would accept people saying you should leave the US because you have a different opinion to them.

Both examples I would indeed suggest are un-American.

Think about that.

Anyway - back to the JAGS.

Wifey B: The Jags have one thing going for them, they aren't the Dolphins. Now the Dolphins accumulating a boat load of draft choices, but who actually believes they'll use them intelligently? :nonono:

Kaepernic wasn't offered a better contract to keep him a 49er for good reasons. If he was as great as he thinks he is, another team would pick him up. He is more trouble than he's worth. His antics has cost the NFL attendance and everybody involved will eventually get less money because of him. I haven't watched the NFL since the first knee. And if the NFL doesn't solve the knee problem permanently, I never will again. Kaepernic hates the US. Maybe he should go somewhere else.

And I could say that you hate the US because you selectively support the Constitution, you know, that document that assures all of our freedoms. The fact is, I think, you love the US just as Kapernik does but simply have a different opinion and an equal right to do so.

He could arguably burn the US flag on the field within his constitutional rights. Still wouldn't promote his NFL employability.

I personally think the man is an ass, but I respect his right to be one. And I too am well within my rights to think that he is.

Haven't watched an NFL game since February 1996...

And I could say that you hate the US because you selectively support the Constitution, you know, that document that assures all of our freedoms. The fact is, I think, you love the US just as Kapernik does but simply have a different opinion and an equal right to do so.

Once upon a time, a very long time ago, NFL players actually represented their team and city. Now they represent themselves, many with complete disregard for the terms of their contract with their employer. Kapernick got what he deserved without remorse.

Is there a business owner or manager here that would encourage and tolerate selfish rogue employees whose actions severely affect the bottom line?

Once upon a time, a very long time ago, NFL players actually represented their team and city. Now they represent themselves, many with complete disregard for the terms of their contract with their employer. Kapernick got what he deserved without remorse.

Is there a business owner or manager here that would encourage and tolerate selfish rogue employees whose actions severely affect the bottom line?

The same employers who up sticks and leave a town in the middle of the night, change their name, and set up shop in another city which gave them a sweet deal.

Heck the Raiders did it twice!

The same employers who up sticks and leave a town in the middle of the night, change their name, and set up shop in another city which gave them a sweet deal.

Heck the Raiders did it twice!

In the middle of the night? Really? And this happened to Kaepernick how many times?

For-profit businesses relocate frequently to improve their position in the market. They only get sweetheart deals because idiot politicians and bureaucrats are willing to give it to them.

But none of this has anything to do with or substantiates Kap’s (and others) behavior.

First, Kaepernick never disregarded any terms of his contract with his employer. Those terms don't say anything about standing for the National Anthem, nor is it a requirement even today. It's not even a requirement to be on the field.

Second, this is attacking a man. I'd suggest before doing that too widely to see what he's done with his life since then, all the good he has done. He's worked hard for social justice and many organizations, he's donated over $1 million to a variety of charities while getting matches from other athletes. He's also received the following awards:

2017 GQ Magazine Citizen of the Year
2017 Sports Illustrated Muhammad Ali Legacy Award
2017 American Civil Liberties Union Eason Monroe Courageous Advocate Award
2017 Puffin/Nation Institute Prize for Creative Citizenship
2018 Amnesty International Ambassador of Conscience Award
2018 Harvard University W. E. B. Du Bois Medal​

It's fine to disagree with all he's done and to dislike him, but he relinquished the opportunity to earn millions to kneel for something he believed in. How many of us would do the same?

As to skills and meriting a chance to play, if you've seen some of the horrible quarterbacks playing today and watched any of his play, and the object was to win, you'd give him a chance. Incidentally, the other player involved in the suit against the league has been allowed to play since the settlement.

If he's anti-patriotic, anti-American, then so is everyone who has ever protested from Martin Luther King to those who protested the Vietnam War to those who have protested inadequate care for military returning from war.

The question was raised as to what would others do as employers for those who disregard rules. Well, remembering he didn't disobey any rules, I'll still answer. We do have rules for workplace behavior. They do not allow any political or social activism while on the job and in the workplace. We would handle it within those rules. Now, 5 minutes before or after work they can do as they wish. However, we also do not require any of our employees to do any patriotic or social activities. We don't bring flags or causes into the work place.

So you love Kaepernick. I get it. I, on the other hand think he is trash.

I like Northern Spy left the NFL years ago when being a ex-con and player was becoming the norm.

Can we get back to football now.

Can we get back to football now.

Wifey B: My man, Cam Newton, will never be the same as he was again. :(

We lived in Charlotte and met him and away from the field and cameras, he's really a super guy. Does a lot of great things in the community. :)

Wifey B: My man, Cam Newton, will never be the same as he was again. :(

We lived in Charlotte and met him and away from the field and cameras, he's really a super guy. Does a lot of great things in the community. :)

We have a few players living in our neighborhood - actually a first round draft pick right across the street who is a super nice guy with quite a large family! Heavy into his church too. Funny story; he helped me extinguish a palm tree fire caused by lightning a couple of years ago. Thing was he caught it on his phone first and later posted it to his Instagram without telling me. And of course the local news stations all follow his Instagram - so we made the nightly news - to the amusement of our friends. I beat him up about it afterwards (figuratively speaking!!).

Jalen Ramsey lives here as well, the other side of the lagoon, but could be gone soon if he doesn't calm himself down!

Bears fan. Great defense and at least we can kick a field goal this year[emoji851]

We thought we did....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom