The "HELP! Award.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
A Club where I am a member has a "HELP! award, given annually for outstanding assistance rendered by one member to another.
It also has an "Oily Oar" award given annually for the biggest (known) cock-up. I`ve won it for running over a mooring at a Club event.
The "HELP!" trophy a working model of a lighthouse. It was donated by a member who has also won an "Oily Oar". I was sworn to secrecy when I went to retrieve her outboard powered dinghy running wild uncommanded at full speed after, while coming alongside her boat she climbed partially aboard in a docking gone wrong,and was left hanging from the gunwale by her fingers while somehow accidentally turning the throttle to full. The retrieve resembled a rodeo event,where a riderless bucking bronco is captured by pursuing horseman. As I say, I was sworn to secrecy, but it was a while ago,and there is only one other TF member who will recognize what I`ve related.
It was a current thread about a non functioning A/C unit which prompted me to write this. A fine example of members helping members. https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s31/cruisair-unit-dead-51942.html
I`m sure there are even better stories of TF members helping members.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom