Having a heart attack? You're alone? Now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3. For those wanting to respond/reply to such posts, please consider instead of quoting the entire post, just posting, something like, "Hi, XYZ, great post - thanks for that", or words to that effect...

or...just quote selected parts of the post being replied to, rather than the rather (? lazy) quick click on the 'quote' button. Because that highlights the specific issue one is referring to in a much better way.

Just sayin'... :flowers:

Just sayin'. I would say it makes it a lot easier to know what exactly you're responding to if you quote as I did here. Your alternative of just a thank you may require one to search for the post in order to know what is being discussed.

Just sayin'. I would say it makes it a lot easier to know what exactly you're responding to if you quote as I did here. Your alternative of just a thank you may require one to search for the post in order to know what is being discussed.
That's why I put the XYZ bit Brett. That was meant to indicate that by name or avatar, one indicates the post one is responding to, without just clicking on 'quote' and putting the whole dang long post there, just to add a couple of lines beneath, liking the quote, or commenting on a small part or point in it. No biggie, but it just makes a lengthy thread...well.. a little less lengthy..? :D

Peter B

I try to just quote the relevant section unless it's the entire post that's necessary to understand the response. XYZ is great if original is only two posts up or so, but often people are responding to a post that was pages ago. Or it may have been the newest when they started their response but 10 others posted in the meantime. I've had people respond to me, but it was a post made so long ago, I had to search through many pages to find what they were talking about.

When responding to emails, it seems so simple, but when it then gets added to hundreds of posts in a thread, not so.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom