Happy Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HiDHo

Guru
Happy 245th birthday United States Navy.
Just tied up from a daylong cruise on the beautiful Tennessee River.

Attachments

• FD80381D-56EF-45E5-AA07-1D1D566BCC8B.jpg
    FD80381D-56EF-45E5-AA07-1D1D566BCC8B.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 36
US Navy 1775

Royal Navy 1546

If it wasn't for the French navy busting the blockade of the Chesapeake and the French persuading a reluctant Washington to attack Cornwallis in the South rather than Clinton in New York, during a time when Washington was about to surrender, the nation's history would have been a lot different.

The French beat the British, which they never could do in Europe, don't ever let anyone ever tell you different.

Remember, the victors write the history - Churchill.

It always makes me chuckle to know the Navy started what, 200 miles inland from the ocean?

Happy birthday US Navy!

Nice muscles....:D

Attachments

• 800px-Fleet_5_nations.jpg
    800px-Fleet_5_nations.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 30
Muscles in the photo but not seen !

Attachments

• 6AE22495-87E3-4328-A735-C8E34E537A02.jpg
    6AE22495-87E3-4328-A735-C8E34E537A02.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 28
Someone needs to take a pressure washer to those decks!

Hey its their birthday (belated a day for me).

First the comments on how the Brits barely won a war against a rag tag outfit they underestimated.

Then a comment about cleanliness?

I say the Navy goes over and impresses a bunch of English sailors to do the pressure washing then....can you say "payback"..... :D

Last edited:
"If "X" had not happened then history would have been much different."

Is this the day we break the internet?

Hey its their birthday (belated a day for me).

First the comments on how the Brits barely won a war against a rag tag outfit they underestimated.

Then a comment about cleanliness?

I say the Navy goes over and impresses a bunch of English sailors to do the pressure washing then....can you say "payback"..... :D

The French were not a rag tag outfit!

And I'm Irish today! :D

Last edited:
"If "X" had not happened then history would have been much different."

Is this the day we break the internet?

If a certain person hadn't invented it we couldn't break it! :)

The British beat the French on the Plains of Abraham and Canada beat the US in 1812...just saying.

Our boat is having its bottom scraped so we are temporarily without a navy. We have some subs that only go down, though...

The British beat the French on the Plains of Abraham and Canada beat the US in 1812...just saying.

Our boat is having its bottom scraped so we are temporarily without a navy. We have some subs that only go down, though...

Growing up in Ireland the Irish navy only had three ships - all ex RN corvettes. They were used mostly for fisheries protection.

Now they are up to nine, including four spanking brand new ones they had built!

Last edited:
Most be tough at times for some to enjoying the abundance of the United States but still having your love of country somewhere else.

Last edited:
Most be tough at times enjoying the abundance of the United States but still having your love of country somewhere else.

Not hard at all.

Ask any Texan!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom