Good News Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
OK, enough.

Give me some good news!

I'll start.

Cumberland Island is open!

The days are longer and boating is starting to open up a bit.

They came and cleaned Sonas today and she looks great!

They may have found a way to stop malaria! https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52530828

After a couple gnarly temperate rainforest bushwhacks (have the bruises on my shins from forcing through the thicker stuff to prove it) and failing to reach a subalpine lake near town, my daughter and I lucked into a game trail following a small creek that looks like it might take us there easy-peasy (ish) on our next attempt :thumb:

Last edited:
Good news! We're closing on our boat on Friday!!

For those who have followed my thread about chemo....

3 down, 3 to go.

Good news Mike. "Keep the faith", and good luck.

Washington State fishing is now OPEN!!!

Some Florida restaurants are open with 25% seating and social distancing required. Stopped at Titusville, FL to see my buddy and do a short grocery run. Went out to dinner at an upscale burger restaurant. It was really weird. Visualize cooking a burger on the grill, except somebody else does it. There were all kinds of choices, can you imagine. Afterward, somebody took the dishes and washed them! I could really get use to this concept. :thumb:

Ted

Last edited:
For those who have followed my thread about chemo....

3 down, 3 to go.

You and I met in Stockton, CA a few years back. I’m personally invested! I think about you every day. Be tough!

Greetings,
Mr. m. Good news? Well, the forecast for Saturday is less than 1/2" of snow...

Wifey B: Better news. Saturday forecast here, 80 degrees, 12 mph breeze, and seas 2' at 6 seconds, most of which is swells. Great boating conditions. :D:D

Greetings,
Mr. GFC.

iu

How are you feeling?
I feel 100% most days. On the 4th and 5th days following a treatment I'm just not worth a damn. (My wife would say that extends to 30 days a month). Then that wears off and I'm back to normal. The "downer" days are tough. All I can do is lay on the couch covered with a blanket.

When I come out of it I'm 100% and that feels great.

You and I met in Stockton, CA a few years back. I’m personally invested! I think about you every day. Be tough!
Heck yeah I remember that. It was when I helped Stuart take his boat from Seattle down to Stockton. I also remember breaking the "finish line" you guys had stretched across the opening to the slip. What a great welcome after a long trip.

This video will take awhile to load but when it comes up you might get a kick out of it.
https://youtu.be/CLvP0TLapII

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom