Going To See Some Canadian Someone Or Other In Concert Tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Ceiling Dome or something.

Anyone ever heard of her?

Wife seems to be excited?

"Ceiling Dome" - I think you've got it. You should tell all your friends you're going to see Ceiling Dome, they will be envious.

Greetings,
Mr. m. So your wife is a Ceiling fan then? I suppose that's better than being a Belieber...

200w.webp

Never heard of her. Must be a newbie. Never make it with a name like that, Titanic Mistake.

Hope she sings in English rather than sounding like Charles Hasnovoice! :D

If I was deaf as a stone I'd go see Ceiling Dome. Just to see her.

images

Celine is an incredible singer. I'm sure she'll be great in a concert. Sorry you don't appreciate her type of music.

Now, as to going to a concert, can be great but sure has become costly. While thinking of you, we'll sit home and listen to her music. Perhaps even Wifey B will sing some of her music this evening.

Enjoy your concert.

Does she say "eh" a lot?

Attachments

• IMG_20200108_200748251-1638x1229a.jpg
    IMG_20200108_200748251-1638x1229a.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 63
She’s no spring chicken any more (neither am I, for that matter) but I believe she owns Schwartz’ Deli in Montreal, which makes her golden. I would take ear plugs if I went...

I saw her in concert in Vancouver just after her first big, English hits. She played at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre (a fairly small venue compared to where she seems to play now). Great show, what a voice!! Truly one of the best vocalists of our era.
Strange name though - "Ceiling"?? :)

I saw her in concert in Vancouver just after her first big, English hits. She played at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre (a fairly small venue compared to where she seems to play now). Great show, what a voice!! Truly one of the best vocalists of our era.
Strange name though - "Ceiling"?? :)

In sports there are generational players. Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. Joe Montana, Payton Manning. Same in music. Voices several levels beyond all the others. Elvis certainly was one of those. Whitney Houston was one of those talents. Celine Dion is one. With 95% of the successful singers, you'll occasionally hear someone else do one of their songs and thing it's as good as the original, even better. That won't happen with any of her songs. Most musicians won't even tackle them.

Good gig, though why she had to dress like Barbie to sing "Near far, we're off to the bar" I have no idea!

Attachments

• CD1.jpg
    CD1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 78
  • CD2.jpg
    CD2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 57
Wifey B: Her choice of her final encore was a great one and beautiful rendition. I had to go find complete versions of her singing Imagine. It's become a standard ending for her, but I actually found her singing it as far back as 1993 on The Tonight Show, Jay Leno version.

But what a beautiful message to leave an audience with. For those of you who might like the entire song, here it is. :D

That song is absolutely the most wonderful of all John Lennon. :)

Yes, she is unusual as she is putting all her shows up on YouTube in full!

No admonition on the tickets, in the venue, or a announcement re not taking video.

For her show just before Christmas she changed her finale go Lennon's "Merry Christmas, war is over."

Last edited:
Celine, making shiploads of people want to strike an iceberg and drown, since 1997.

I always find it interesting how periodically there is a very successful singer or group it becomes popular to put down and make negative comments about. To me that shows their true greatness.

The first most disliked terribly successful for decades that I recall is Barry Manilow. Then of course we can't overlook Justin Bieber. Nickelback almost reached this level. And Celine Dion without question.

Celine Dion and two deaf men were in a coffee shop discussing their wives. One signs to the other, boy was my wife mad at me last night! She went on and on and wouldn't stop! The other Buddy says when my wife goes off on me I just don't listen. How do you do that? Says the other. It's easy! I turn off the light!

I always find it interesting how periodically there is a very successful singer or group it becomes popular to put down and make negative comments about. To me that shows their true greatness.

The first most disliked terribly successful for decades that I recall is Barry Manilow. Then of course we can't overlook Justin Bieber. Nickelback almost reached this level. And Celine Dion without question.

Celine jokes? Can't say I ever heard one before this thread. These threads pop up from time to time and they're just for fun. Think I've heard Michael Jackson jokes but his bizarre life choices begged for it.

This thread plays on hearing issues more than Celine. A significant number of us will deal with it, might as well laugh about it. Why cry?

I sing. Haven't had any formal training since second grade or so. Probably sing like an eight year old.

How ironic. I am listening to the Celine Dion video and the customer service lady from the fender company mentioned in the thread above (Polyform I think) calls back to give me a better price on shipping from Canada then listed in their order form. Nice people. And thanks to the member who found those colored fenders. Our hull stripe is dark green and they have a nearly identical color.

Ceiling Dome Is like a great trawler.
Nice lines, nice to listen to and has an amazing range.

Back
Top Bottom