Free stuff...

Greetings,
NOT exactly boat related but...

Birthday Freebies • Hey, It's Free!

Oh, and Happy Birthday...
Old 05-30-2015, 07:20 AM   #2
FF
Guru

For those that would prefer FREE FUEL for your diesel boat , no birthday required,

http://theflyingtortoise.blogspot.com/2015/05/this-reading-passenger-bus-runs-on-cow.
html
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:35 PM   #3
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
NOT exactly boat related but...

Birthday Freebies • Hey, It's Free!

Oh, and Happy Birthday...
Wifey B: But no one could eat all that stuff on their birthday.....

Yes, I know they don't all have to be used that day.

I have the best birthday coupon....I get anything I want.

And do not say something smart like "how is that different than any other day?"
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:06 PM   #4
Guru

City: Madeira Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Seaweed
Vessel Model: Schucker mini-trawler
So, on your birthday, what would be your food intake choices given total freedom to choose? And where would these meals and snacks be served?
Old 05-30-2015, 07:32 PM   #5
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice142 View Post
So, on your birthday, what would be your food intake choices given total freedom to choose? And where would these meals and snacks be served?
My wife appointed me to answer, feeling that she couldn't be trusted not to cross the boundaries of forum decorum. Our birthdays are special regardless of where or what and we do always make private time together typically with chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne. Last year her birthday dinner, which is also our wedding anniversary, was a private party at Fraser's Gourmet Hideaway with a group of 13. We shared Filet Mignon and several seafood selections. My birthday, which is also the anniversary of us meeting, was at home with a group of around 20 and featured Prime Rib. However, as long as we're together, where and what doesn't really matter.

Two years ago mine was Prime Rib at Shula's and hers was steaks I grilled at home.

Typically our birthdays are more than one day events as we'll find something special to do together, either before or after or both.

I will say this, we've known each other now 15 years and we haven't ever spent a birthday apart. That was one thing I never cared what the business demands were. I'd fly home even if I had to fly back the next day.

Some special birthday celebratory foods for us:

Her: Lobster, strawberries, chocolate, whipped cream.

Me: Shrimp Cocktail, Baskin Robbins German Chocolate Cake Ice Cream, Oreo Cheesecake, Very rich and decadent Chocolate Cake, Prime Rib.

Both: A champagne toast in bed. Now on a school or work night it's just one small glass, but symbolic.

Yes, I know her answer would have been more entertaining, but probably rated worse than XXX.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:21 PM   #6
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Free stuff...

Damn. Y'all must be younger, or I need to take some lessons. Sheesh.

😳
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:32 PM   #7
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
Damn. Y'all must be younger, or I need to take some lessons. Sheesh.

😳
Wifey B: Both. I know lots of people get down over getting a year older, but every day, every year is a new gift and so we do celebrate the most special times of our lives. Funny thing is like we don't go all that big for holidays. I mean like friends are off and so we'll gather and such but not like they represent some special moment in our lives.

I'm a kid forever and I turned hubby into one, just a better behaved kid. And yes, we're younger than most here. I'm 35 and he's 44.

And then remember we're like double celebrating both days. Honestly, more the fact we met on one and married on the other. Special days together. I gotta say to anyone though to celebrate those special days for the two of you with all you've got. Never take it for granted. As morbid as this sounds, you never know if there will be another. Are we romantic fools? He.. yeah. S.. maniacs? That too.... And we make no claims ever of normalcy. We just are as we are.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:42 AM   #8
FF
Guru

NYC Arthur Ave , genuine NY thin crust anchovy pizza.
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:16 AM   #9
Guru

City: Madeira Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Seaweed
Vessel Model: Schucker mini-trawler
There was a place down in the FL Keys called No Name Pub... the pizza there was one of those meals that I remember still many years later.

Perhaps I should have asked about particular meals that stand out in memory as being incredible, and what made them so. Anybody care to answer?

Cuban-style conch chowder, south coast of an island nation, with a boat load of folks none of whom spoke English. It was a spicy Manhattan variation, for the curious. We'd passed along an old wet suit of mine and then food and people started arriving. It was great.

There are others. What about you?
Old 05-31-2015, 11:25 AM   #10
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Ms. j. "...We'd passed along an old wet suit of mine..." Um...I hesitate to ask but...Were you still in the wetsuit? Was the wetsuit an appetizer or for eating the chowder? How long do you cook a wetsuit? Jeepers, 9 posts and the thread is headed to OTDE if this sort of thing progresses...I'm sorry I started it, or maybe not.