Forty Years Ago Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
At twelve-thirty pm two twenty-two year olds not long out of college walked down the aisle.

I feel like that old man in the song "Don't Blink."

Where has the time gone?

40 roses in appreciation of the last 40 years, and 40 roses in anticipation of the next 40 years.

Attachments

• IMG_20200705_083318031_copy_1152x864.jpg
    IMG_20200705_083318031_copy_1152x864.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
What a great post. Congratulations. Yes, I know what you mean about time. After years of just my wife and me, we adopted two boys, 8 and 10 at the time. Its just been a couple years with them now but watching kids grow up - well, I know every adult on earth says this, but they grow up so fast that it's like living with walking human hourglasses. We look at photos from the first day we met them just 24 months ago and it's shocking. We're incredibly blessed in a million ways but you're right, you blink and a decade has passed. Blink twice, 40 years...

Last night the boys and a couple of their marina friends climbed to the aft deck roof to watch the fireworks over the water. It's a very tall boat so they had a great view. All the work, all the money, all the maintenance, all the time spent on this boat - little boys going "Oooo!" on the aft deck roof, that's what it's about. This giant, expensive fiberglass asset is just a means to build memories in our heads of warm summer nights with each other in the fleeting time we have.

Congrats & thanks for the heads up on '40 years' significance. We've been not married for 35 years, so that gives me 5 years to come up with an idea :D

We decided not to go on a cruise (which is her usual significant anniversary choice...good year to not plan a cruise!) so we're building a 'she shop' in the backyard where she can create all manner of wood/metal folk art/designs.

Wishing you and your wife Happy Anniversary!!!!

Congrats & thanks for the heads up on '40 years' significance. We've been not married for 35 years, so that gives me 5 years to come up with an idea :D

Well let me give you a heads up right now - rubies ain't cheap! :D

Well let me give you a heads up right now - rubies ain't cheap! :D

Ahhh, but she doesn't like jewelry :thumb:

We daydream of Antarctic photography cruises, but they're stupid expensive!

Got 58 months to figure it out...

Excellent post and congratulations.

My Bride and I were 22 years on the 4th. The cool part is even when we are verrrrry old I can still give her fireworks for our anniversary.

Very true. Don’t blink!

John

At twelve-thirty pm two twenty-two year olds not long out of college walked down the aisle.

I feel like that old man in the song "Don't Blink."

Where has the time gone?

40 roses in appreciation of the last 40 years, and 40 roses in anticipation of the next 40 years.

Wifey B: So beautiful to see. Let's see, July 6, 1980. Oh I had learned to walk by then and likely was trying to escape. Had just had my first birthday. And, yes, I learned to walk early. You would have too as you wouldn't have wanted to crawl on the floors in our home. :lol:

Married now only 19 years, together nearly 20. I remember every moment of the night we met and the entire weekend and the wedding as vividly as anything in my life. Every year we watch the video of our wedding and sing along with ourselves. It does a heart well to reminisce and to see others celebrate such joy. Seeing your 40 gives kids like me confidence I'll see the same in another 20-21 years. Congratulations to you both. :D

Back
Top Bottom