Extreme boat handling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
You guys wanna learn hot handle a boat? Go to NGUYEN CHE LINH on youtube.

Don't we have a thread on helm chairs?

Attachments

• helm chair.JPG
    helm chair.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 27

Crazy ...
Pretty sure the name on the first one was "Hạt dưa" which roughly translates to "Melon Seed"

Love the way the guys steer with their feet. Must be 50 turns lock to lock

Makes the Pacific Coast bar crossings look simple.

It’s very cool sitting on the bank of the very fast-running Mekong river and watching the gravel and sand motor barges plying the river. Usually they are loaded until the water comes over the gunwale, but is stopped by the coaming around the hold!

Crazy stuff.

BTW, some trivia here, some of the world’s purest sand comes out of Vietnam, shipped down the river. Optics manufacturers in Japan even use Viet sand.

EDIT - I didn't see the second video until just now. You see how they are so loaded you're just waiting for a wake to swamp em. Great fun.

Last edited:
Any chance they are 'Over Proped'????

I like the part where the boat is almost all the way through and then stops and gets pushed back into the waiting crowd.

I like the part where the boat is almost all the way through and then stops and gets pushed back into the waiting crowd.

Made him very popular, no doubt. I was reminded of the truckers on the I-5 6-degree passes doing 20mph trying to pass the guy who is doing 18.:banghead:

Kind of a giant version of the of the water taxi guys in the mooring field in Catalina. Boy I wish I had that kind of dexterity with a motor on the water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom