Drain the Great Lakes.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFC

Guru
One of the benefits of being retired is that there's almost no limit to my "free time". So this afternoon, having nothing better to do I spent some time on YouTube. You know how it is on YouTube. One video leads to another which leads to.... Well, you get the idea.

While perusing the mundane videos I came across this one and I must say, it's among the most interesting videos I've ever seen. It's almost 42 minutes long so when you sit down to view it, make yourself comfy, grab a cup of joe and enjoy it.

[video:youtube]

Yes, very interesting. What's really cool is that you can see all this first hand up in Alaska. As you work your way up the many inlets with glaciers at their head, you can see how the terrain and sea bottom have evolved as the glaciers have receded. It's like going back in a time machine. Most all of the features in the video can be seen first hand, either in formation currently, or having been formed over the past decades.

tree,
Yes. Glacier Bay didn’t exist 125 years ago.

I camped out at Marble Is in the middle of the lower bay on a very clear night. Many many stars most of them reflected off the water. Was a majic moment. It was in the 70’s when there was no regs at all.

Great video. The ending was the best part, IMO.

Thanks, Mike.

Back
Top Bottom