Captain Marko Ramius turns 90 today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JLD

Guru
Okay, I admit that most of us may not know the name. But Captain Marko Ramius (Sean Connery), The Hunt for Red October turns 90 today. :eek:

I grew up watching reruns of the original James Bond movies when I was a little boy. As such, when someone mentions James Bond, I always think of Connery before any of the other actors who have played this character. :socool:

Just sitting back in my chair, wondering when did all the actors I grew up watching on screen and in the theatre get so old! :ermm::oldman::flowers:

Jim

I really do think he was the best of all the Bonds.

There's little room in Tupelev's heart for anyone but Tupelev.

Read the book underway on a 688 class in 1985. The had a special viewing of the movie, kind of like a premiere, in Hawaii for the bubbleheads a few hours before it was released to the public.

Sean Connery is not who I had envisioned when I read the book, but he pulled it off well.

Okay, I admit that most of us may not know the name. But Captain Marko Ramius (Sean Connery), The Hunt for Red October turns 90 today. :eek:

Jim

You underestimate us, tovarisch. We all remember the Schoolmaster of Vilnius

A little piece of trivia for you guys - he wasn't the first Bond.

David Niven was.

Now see what you've done: I'm watching it again.

"I would have liked to see Montana."

...and listen to their rock n roll while we conduct our missile drills.

When he reached the new world, Cortez burned his ships...

I will marry a round american woman. I will raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me.

David Niven the actor was born before any of the other actors that have played Bond.

Oh. I think the original assertion was that he played Bond before Connery, which is mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom