Camera Repair PSA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
I know we have a good number of photographers on here so just wanted to share this.

I dropped one of my pretty expensive Nikon lenses. The filter shattered and the ring got bent to the extent that I couldn't get the filter ring off, nor put on any other filters. I tried a local guy but he couldn't help.

I found this company online and sent off the lens, asking for the repair plus a good internal and external cleaning as it had been to Africa and the ME and was looking a bit grubby.

Lens sent on the 28th and an emailed estimate received on the 31st. $149 includes return shipping. I approved the repair same day and I just received the lens UPS this afternoon. It looks and works great!

In case anyone is ever in need of this kind of service.

Camera Service Co. Since 1945 in Atlanta GA

I have a complete set of F2 , lenses, bodies and filters.

Is there still a market for film cameras?

I have a complete set of F2 , lenses, bodies and filters.

Is there still a market for film cameras?

You could probably get a couple of hundred for them on eBay if in decent condition.

Good market for SLR's and lenses on eBay.

I pick them up at garage sales, rummage sales, Craig's List and sell on eBay.

I have a perfect 3.25x4.25 Speed Graphic and a perfect 4x5 Crown and Speed Graphics known by most as large format press cameras. I also have a nice view camera. Before we moved aboard our boat full time I had a very nice darkroom in our dirt house. The cameras are in storage along with about 10 high quality lenses. Yes, there is an active world-wide market for quality analog cameras and related equipment. Ebay is one market. But, there are a number of forums that are better and more reliable than Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom