Calumet River Traffic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff F

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
50` US Navy Utility trawler conversion
I wondered if our friend Wayfarer was driving Manitowoc today.

I'm docked in a turning basin on the Calumet River in Chicago. It's fun watching the big ships go in and out unassisted. They just slide by a couple of hundred feet away. IMG_20220418_165352575_HDR.jpgIMG_20220418_165556299.jpg

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Trawler Forum mobile app

Ahoy there neighbor! I thought that must have been you! There aren't too many vessels like yours around the lakes. I remember seeing her a few times in Sarnia years ago. She's a fine looking craft. I was going to try to get a snap of you on my way out, but I had my hands full with the breeze.

What brings you to those parts? The Calumet River sure is beautiful this time of year, isn't it?? lol.

That's one wild racing trimaran on the beach next to you, too. Thing's enormous.

Here's another pic of that trimaran pre COVID, the last time I was here. It's a beast. I think they recently set a speed record for the run up the lake to Mackinac.

I just arrived here from the Gulf of Mexico. This is the closest thing I have to a boat home. Will live aboard here for the next few weeks then put Escapade ashore for the summer and go sailing.

I continue to be impressed and fascinated by the commercial traffic that goes by. Nice to see you!IMG_20190718_192144247.jpg

Back
Top Bottom