African Safari

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Just got back from a three week trip to Africa. Kenya, Tanzania, Kenya again and then a gorilla trek in Uganda (brutal climb and trek, but worth it).

Amazing time.

Have a look if you are interested.

Gorilla Trek:

Amboseli National Park and Kilamanjaro. Amboseli National Park | AtAnchor.com

We visited Amboseli, Tarangier, Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, and Masai Mara. Only prepped the Amboseli photos so far.

What an adventure! Thank you for sharing.

Greetings,
Mr. m. Nice pictures but a question...In about the 10th shot (cabin/tent house) is that a leopard up the tree on the far right hand side just above the eave line and just below the branches? I'm NOT really a cat person...

No, just the shape of a branch.

However, we were warned not to go to and from the tent without our Masai Warrior. In the evening we had to shine our flashlight on the nearest baobab tree and he would see it and come get us. Then he waited for us to guide us back after the evening.

We all thought this was a bit dramatic - until we left on our first game drive. We hadn't left the camp area and a family of five lions were hanging out right by tent number 5 (we were in #1). Those are the first pride of lions in the photo series.

You can bet we followed guidance from then on - in all of the camps!

Greetings,
Mr. m. Thanks. Looks absolutely marvelous! Those cats give me the willies. Can't trust a cat of ANY size.

Wow - just saw this. What an unbelievable adventure. Did you book this thru an agency or own your own. For a simple week to 10 day trip is there a company you would recommend and if you had to choose one of these locations which one would it be?? thanks

Wow - just saw this. What an unbelievable adventure. Did you book this thru an agency or own your own. For a simple week to 10 day trip is there a company you would recommend and if you had to choose one of these locations which one would it be?? thanks

Mike, usually I plan and book our trips myself - all part of the fun.

But because we were traveling to countries that needed special attention and were not "mainstream" we decided to go through a reputable tour company. We had a look at many, and got quotes from three. In the end we went with the company that is generally regarded as the best, and of course were the most expensive (actually very expensive). But our thinking was we wanted to make sure we were safe and well looked after, and this would probably be our only trip to Africa (we have since changed that thought post trip though!). However there are a good number of reputable companies out there which are less expensive.

We went with Abercrombie and Kent. We did their Great Migration Safari with the Gorilla Trek in Uganda as an extension.

If you are thinking of ten days, then of the parks we went to I would recommend Amboseli in Kenya at the Kilimanjaro foothills and the Serengeti in Tanzania. That's were we saw most large herds and animals.

Thank you, I greatly appreciate you taking the time for such a thorough response and the very helpful recommendation.

Just seeing this also, lots of very nice pictures of a real adventure! I visited Tanzania in 1985 and other countries since then. I love Africa.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom