Adieu Leonard Cohen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy G

Hospitality Officer
Vessel Name
Sarawana
Vessel Make
IG 36 Quad Cabin
So sad, a man that gave joy to so many. A true juxtaposition to the recent depressing events of so called world leaders.

My favourite Cohen song 'So Long Marianne'.

"Cohen's longtime romantic partner and muse Marianne Ihlen, a Norwegian woman he met while living on the Greek island of Hydra in the 1960s.

In July this year, on hearing she was dying, he sent her this note:"

"Well Marianne, it's come to this time when we are really so old and our bodies are falling apart and I think I will follow you very soon. Know that I am so close behind you that if you stretch out your hand, I think you can reach mine. And know that I've always loved you for your beauty and your wisdom, but I don't need to say anything more about that because you know all about that. But now, I just want to wish you a very good journey. Goodbye old friend. Endless love, see you down the road."(SMH, 11 November 2016)

Last edited:
Sad. Even though i wasn't a huge fan, he was such a talented person.

An artist of singular expression.

So sad, a man that gave joy to so many. A true juxtaposition to the recent depressing events of so called world leaders.

My favourite Cohen song 'So Long Marianne'.

"Cohen's longtime romantic partner and muse Marianne Ihlen, a Norwegian woman he met while living on the Greek island of Hydra in the 1960s.

In July this year, on hearing she was dying, he sent her this note:"

"Well Marianne, it's come to this time when we are really so old and our bodies are falling apart and I think I will follow you very soon. Know that I am so close behind you that if you stretch out your hand, I think you can reach mine. And know that I've always loved you for your beauty and your wisdom, but I don't need to say anything more about that because you know all about that. But now, I just want to wish you a very good journey. Goodbye old friend. Endless love, see you down the road."(SMH, 11 November 2016)

Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?
– Terry Pratchett -

Pilou, Terry Pratchett is my favorite satirist.
RIP Mr Cohen.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Truly a great loss and an extraordinary talent. We will miss an amazing artist. RIP.

Great ! And nice Ecumenism. Thank you.

It's the proof that a will always finds a way.

Last edited:
Must have a bit of dust in me eyes!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom