It IS 2020 after all...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want to believe it but, they told Trump? Maybe not the sharpest ET's out there...

Greetings,
Mr. d. Evidently NOT a parody by the Daily Mail. Did a quick Google and several other "news sources" have articles on the subject.

iu

If aliens are so advanced that they have interstellar travel, they probably saw what a bunch of **ukups the human race is and said "There's nothing we can do here." and went somewhere else.

I guess aliens shut SpaceX S8 engine off today as we are not yet ready to go to Mars.
But I understand that if they landed in a McDonald parking lot they must have thought we are not ready yet. It is a pity they did not land in the middle of a nice vineyard they would have thought differently :)

L

Yeah, Steven Hawking was one to say perhaps we don't want to advertise our presence. Human history has shown that colonizers are not there for the benefit of the natives. The civilizations of of Earth don't stand a chance against any interstellar civilization if they arrive will ill intent (no matter what the sci-fi movies tell you).

The simple ability to hover a many miles wide spaceship over a single city with no visible effort (a la Independence Day) is simply beyond human capability and physics as we understand it. If the aliens can do it, they are not about to tell us how it's done.

Greetings,
Mr. ss. Well, alien visits are not beyond the realm of possibility IMO. There are billions of planets and statistically, "life" should exist on a percentage of them. THE question, the answer to which may or may not be known, is are THEY here or will they ever be here or better still, are they-us?

My favorite genre of literature is Sci-Fi. I've found a veritable treasure trove of early periodicals at this site: https://archive.org/

I might add that Sci-fi is a very small part of the site. It's worth it, IMO, to do a few searches. Pick a topic...any topic.

Last edited:
In the fifth grade, a librarian whose name I don't recall but shall be remembered forever introduced me to sf -- Heinlein's _Space Cadet_. Mind blown. Been reading it ever since.

space_mission_hearing_2x.png

In the fifth grade, a librarian whose name I don't recall but shall be remembered forever introduced me to sf -- Heinlein's _Space Cadet_. Mind blown. Been reading it ever since.

space_mission_hearing_2x.png

That's hilarious! :D

Heinlein, Asimov, James Blish and whoever wrote 'Mr.Bass's Planetoid' were all
in my middle school's library listed as Science Fiction. They fed my young mind well.

So, the aliens somehow came here (interstellar travel) and need OUR help to figure out the nature of the universe?

I'd love to believe, but stuff like this isn't helping.

"I guess aliens shut SpaceX S8 engine off today as we are not yet ready to go to Mars."

Before launch the Space X folks gave S8 a 1 in 3 chance of success .

Looked good just was going too fast over the pad to land well.

X sez the craft was wired to the hilt so the info learned might make #S9 a winner.

"I guess aliens shut SpaceX S8 engine off today as we are not yet ready to go to Mars."

Before launch the Space X folks gave S8 a 1 in 3 chance of success .

Looked good just was going too fast over the pad to land well.

X sez the craft was wired to the hilt so the info learned might make #S9 a winner.

Great explanation here: https://youtu.be/egHxiX40eJY

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom