1 in 1,000 year "Heat Dome"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you heard the climate poles are rotating. You are now getting the white north weather and here in BC we are getting California weather

I'm counting on global warming to turn New England into the new Florida

Sorry but it will be more like Greenland, the north climate pole is shifting over the mid Atlantic, you were thinking it was going to Siberia or China. :D

My plan is to have my olive orchard in what was a temperate rain forest. I smuggled an olive scion back from Italy a few years ago and rooted it. Then I learned that it needed a pollinator, so I brought another cultivar back from France. Even though a diferent type of olive, it didn't work so I got another from California that supposedly pollinates all cultivars. My first little scion is now over 8 feet tall and actually fruited last year (TWO OLIVES!). It grew another 10 inches this year in the hot weather and put out a lot of flowers. So even with global warming I'll have a couple of olive trees survive on my acreage and maybe a whole jar of olives. Woohoo, no worries.

The problem with global warming turning New England into the new Florida is that all the flora and fauna will be dead. People can migrate in a year to more liveable conditions, but not plants and animals. So you would need to put up a border wall along Vermont, Massachusets, and Connecticut . . . . This is starting to sound familiar.

Sorry but it will be more like Greenland, the north climate pole is shifting over the mid Atlantic, you were thinking it was going to Siberia or China. :D

During the last Maunder Minimum, the Thames and Mississippi rivers froze over. The Arctic Express - Polar Vortex arrived about the same time plunging most of North America into the deep freeze for decades= 1645-1715. Only three areas that were warm = Alaska to Hawaii, Greenland & Iceland.

With the sun going colder, dimished sun spot activity, the global warming crowd is out of biz.

Attachments

• maunder_minimum_temperature.gif
    maunder_minimum_temperature.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 10
Whatever happens with the earth will be long after I'm gone. For now I just want some nice weather for boating and a "healthy" tan!

But steamed mussels are yummy!

Last week I was walking the low tide exposed beach and wondered about all those oysters in the hot sun getting baked. Should have rescued a few.

"With the sun going colder, dimished sun spot activity, the global warming crowd is out of biz."

Not so, they will simply flip again , this time demanding "global warming".

Went for a three day cruise and had to clean out my strainer twice. Lots of dead stuff floating in the water, mostly looks like eel grass and seaweed. It gets cooked on a low tide and then floats free after a few days. Huge rafts of it in Puget Sound right now.

I like the idea that the earth has recovered from hot/cold temperature swings in the past like alleged in 1645-1715. All we need to do is ensure that the earth recovers this time is to make sure that the conditions are the same as back then. We will need to reduce human population from the present 7.9 billion to the 1700 population of 608 million. No internal combustion engines burning fossil fuel. No electrical grid because no power generation. No plastic boats.

A return to the past conditions and traditional lifestyles would be a truly conservative proposition. The reality is that it would be more painful than the Green New Deal. On the other hand, it might work.

Speaking of dead stuff,

Like ‘Postapocalyptic Movies’: Heat Wave Killed Marine Wildlife en Masse https://nyti.ms/3hsDyyw

Back
Top Bottom