Old 04-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Guru

Vessel Name: Anastasia III
Vessel Model: Krogen 42
"International" boat show, South Shore Harbour Marina, Sept. 24-17

I think this is the bunch that tried to have a big "Miami style" boat show at Baker's marina last year, but hurricane Ike ditched their plans.*More details later, but now it's us that are getting kicked off our docks, at least on pier 15. The marina says they'll have slips for all of us, but I don't see how, since the slips for our size boats are full in the marina now. We'll see.

Anyway, for the rest of you, might be a good opportunity to see some nice larger boats. More details as I get them. This is at South Shore Harbour marina, 2551 South Shore Blvd., League City, TX** 77573.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
RE: "International" boat show, South Shore Harbour Marina, Sept. 24-17

Very interesting....this is the first I have heard of this. The Corpus Boat Show was this last weekend put on by the same folks.
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:18 AM   #3
Guru

There are advantages to being the marina newsletter editor. They just signed the contracts, so I don't think they've even designed any marketing materials yet. Remember folks, you heard it here first!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:04 AM   #4
Guru

"International" boat show, South Shore Harbour Marina, Sept. 24-27

This is turning out to be a pretty big event. There is a lot* more information including exhibitors, maps, etc. at their web site now.
http://www.southwestinternationalboatshow.com/

It's September 24-27.

-- Edited by Keith on Sunday 2nd of August 2009 07:06:02 AM
Old 08-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
Guru

City: Diberville Mississippi
Vessel Name: KnotDoneYet
Vessel Model: 1983 42' Present Sundeck

Just booked one of the few rooms left at SSH. Better hurry if you want to book a room.
Steve
Forkliftt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:33 AM   #6
Guru

Boat show is in full swing. Pretty decent, lots of nice boats on the three piers, mostly used, but some new stuff. Nice DeFever 50 in my slip. Good set of booths up on land, but nothing really new if you've been to the regular boat show at Reliant. Kelly McGuire plays today through Sunday.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
Guru

Keith,I had to work this weekend and we could not make it to the boat show. Can you give any more info on the show? How about some pics. I know you keep your camera close by.
Steve
Old 09-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #8
Guru

It wasn't anything special. Most of the boats were the normal used inventory from around the lake. Nothing really new in the booths if you've been to the big boat show over at Reliant, or anywhere else. I have some pics but they're mostly boring. Anything in particular you were interested in? The web site lists vendors that are* here. It's about to shut down. It was still fun to walk around, but I guess I was hoping for more.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #9
Guru

Nothing in particular I was looking for. I guess I was hoping for some 60'+ newer builds. I guess I was more interested in the interior finishes and engine rooms for some ideas. Its a shame that it was not more of an attraction. The Clear Lake area and SSH would be a great place for the event. How was the turnout?Steve
Old 09-28-2009, 04:34 AM   #10
Guru

Pretty weak on Th. and Fri. but the sun came out on Sat. and there were a lot of people there. Didn't bother to go Sun. The good news for the brokers was that most of the people were down on the docks looking at the boats. Haven't heard from any of them yet as to how many were actually sold or got interest. You know how boat shows can be... lots of lookey-loos and wannabe's with a few serious buyers sprinkled in. The largest slips available to the boat show were 50', although they had a few sticking out, but that gives you an idea of the size boats. There are larger slips here, but not used in the show.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #11
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411

I was there all 4 days. I did have my boat in the show. AN acquaintenance that is a broker had a boat no show him so he ended up having an empty slip. I did have to give him a central listing but I figgered it was worth it. Forky, I know the boats and their associated brokers well. WHat are you looking for?? There was a newer Hatteras MY in the mid 50ft range for around 500 grand. It was a very nice clean boat. I have some friends that have their 1986 Hatteras 53 for sale for $285k.....a very very nice boat but dunno if you wanna go that old or small. Most of the 60+ footers were Sportfishing boats. Of course there was the typical Carver 57 Voyager series.
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #12
Guru

"International" boat show, South Shore Harbour Marina, Sept. 24-17

Whoa Baker!! Slow down a bit. I just wanted to go to "window shop" for some ideas for our old tub. See how the Big Rollers are spending their money.*I did email Trevor Brice a couple of days ago with North Pacific Yachts. I inquired about the 43 design they are building. He responded quickly. I have read some very positive feedback on the way they follow up with their customers to address problems. These vessels seem to be the same idea that Aurthur Defever and Beryl Present built their boats. Heavy/ thick hull, common mechanicals, beautiful teak, built to a price point. The 43 is very salty looking to me- I am just not sure if I could get use to an island queen after a sundeck. Just kidding about Defever.

Steve

-- Edited by Forkliftt on Monday 28th of September 2009 08:57:25 PM

-- Edited by Forkliftt on Tuesday 29th of September 2009 05:23:55 AM