Transworld

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHASA III

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
SHASA
Vessel Make
Transworld 40 Sundeck
A question for you OA guys...

Last summer, we purchased a 1989 Transworld 40 Sundeck that we've enjoyed immensely. At the time of purchase, all documents identified it as a "Transworld". It is documented as such with the USCG.

During our summer cruising, we noticed many similarities to other OA boats. This week, I found a listing for a 1991 OA Transworld 390 (43') in England -- that puppy is almost a dead wringer for our boat, both inside and out, other than the lack of a sundeck roof. This includes joinery, cabin layouts, etc.

Are any of you familiar with this boat? I'm think that it is actually an OA? (I can't find anything on the Transworld boat site that resembles it.)

Thanks, Vic
Seattle

A follow-up on this...

I exchanged some emails with OA in Kaohsiung. They said they were not aware of ever having worked with Transworld. They surmised that designs by Monk (and others) are picked-up be various boatyards, thus the similarities in build. It appears that the listing in England is incorrectly stated, as is the length.

I also sent a couple of previous emails to Transworld, with no response (Not a big enough fish, probably!).

I think the mystery is solved.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom