Sandpiper at Catalina Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I realize that on this Forum most have 7-8 knot boats as did I for 8 years. I think that those who know me (on this Forum) will recall my disinterest in boating about 6 years ago when I contemplated quitting the boating scene.I had a 32 footer, SeaHorse II, which I loved but it did not deliver the experience I wanted. An experience that my wife & I enjoyed 20 years ago. Sandpiper is allowing us to roll back the clock, as it were, and make some of the old trips we used to do at 20 knots. Though our boat will do 20 knots, 15-17 seems to be the sweet spot albeit it at a considerable fuel burn.

I now feel that my boating experience is starting all over again and in greatly increased comfort. My wish would be that everyone who participates in this past time, have the "financial where with all "to enjoy it in a vessel that delivers an experience that maximizes their particular cruising grounds. I've found mine!:blush:

Wow, what a great statement!
This is why it is called " pleasure boating"

have fun planning out the new electronics
HOLLYWOOD

Well, I'm heading back to Avalon next week on my buddy's boat, a 48' Ocean Alexander Sedan called "Koulakani." Don't know yet how much fishing we'll do but the boat is equipped for anything! We plan on mostly hanging at the Catalina Yacht Club with occasional dinghy fishing trips just offshore. Guys only...should be fun!

Attachments

• IMG_2790.jpg
    IMG_2790.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom