Original Prop Size for 80's OA 40' Europa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m10brink

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Seahorse
Vessel Make
OA 40 Europa
Hi, everyone!

We're working on getting our new to us 1985 OA Europa in the water sometime this summer. Seahorse has been getting her bottom redone: she had a few years of paint that needed to come off and is now waiting for a new coat of paint. We also had two sets of props sent off for refurbishment and they are back looking shiny and new. :D

Does anyone know what size/pitch the original props were on this model? We haven't been able to turn up the details in the stack of original manuals and receipts from the previous owner. She's running twin 135 Ford Lehmans.

Thank you for the help in advance!

Congrats on the boat!
My props are 4 blade 24x18 bur I don’t think the 4-blade props were original. You might give Tacoma Propellor a call, I think they are familiar with the boat model.

Thanks, av8r! I knew someone on here would either have the answer or would be able to point us in the right direction to make more inquiries.

Hi, everyone!

Does anyone know what size/pitch the original props were on this model? We haven't been able to turn up the details in the stack of original manuals and receipts from the previous owner. She's running twin 135 Ford Lehmans.

Thank you for the help in advance!

If you had discussed it with your prop shop before hand, they could search their files and adjusted the the props to factory specs.
Call them and ask if they had adjusted the props.

Thanks again for the help, guys! :)

@OldDan: That's good advice and something I will keep in mind if we're in direct contact with the prop shop next time. (Our yard sent them off for us and handled the details.) Hopefully, we won't do anything to the props that necessitates sending them back anytime in the near future, though!

@av8r: Tacoma Propeller was super helpful and were able to confirm that the smaller set of props were the original. So, we'll be putting those back on for the extra maneuverability and so we don't overstress the engines as we head up the Mississippi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom