OA 40 Europa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

montezuma

Hi all
I have a 1985 OA 40 Europa, learning all I can about her and really liking the boat.
Does anybody know where or if there is an Ocean Alexander Owners Manual out there?
Thanks

The Owners Manuals for my 1985 OA comprise 2 x large ring binders embossed "Ocean Alexander" in gold. One binder holds operators' manuals for the Cummins engines and TD gearboxes (not the originals but perhaps these took the place of the original engine manuals?). The 2nd binder holds manuals for various other items of original equipment....like the Morse controls, the docking lights, etc. The one unique OA document in the manuals I have is a comprehensive electrical schematic hand drawn by the company founder himself. Since the whole vessel has been comprehensively re-wired by me and had been extensively re-wired by previous owners, this schematic is now just of historical interest.

Since your vessel is the same manufacture year, your Owners Manual may also have simply been a collation of individual equipment manuals. Do you have anything OA-specific at all?

Back
Top Bottom