help OA questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sleder

I saw a OA 50 trawler. I really appreciate the layout. Is their any other boat I should be looking at or comparing the OA to?

Welcome aboard. In order to recommend boats we need to know what you are looking for in a boat.

Totally Understood. 2 queens size beds cabins. 2 + heads. Looking to cruise to NW for summer and coastal Costa Rica for a couple of month during the winter. Balance of year South Florida. Well kept and maintained. Does the OA Classico need stabilization if it needs it then must have it. Pilot house area away from Salon. Fly Bridge would be nice. Do not want the rolli ness of a full displacement. I will cruise abt 7- 9 knots but would like more if I need or want it.

These are the wants and needs.
Bring it on and help me see the light.

Totally Understood. 2 queens size beds cabins. 2 + heads. Looking to cruise to NW for summer and coastal Costa Rica for a couple of month during the winter. Balance of year South Florida. Well kept and maintained. Does the OA Classico need stabilization if it needs it then must have it. Pilot house area away from Salon. Fly Bridge would be nice. Do not want the rolli ness of a full displacement. I will cruise abt 7- 9 knots but would like more if I need or want it.

These are the wants and needs.
Bring it on and help me see the light.

You want to cruise from the PNW to Costa Rica to S. FL every year? I think you need three boats and a good frequent flier program.

Definitely want stabilization for long west coast passages.

Aside from the OA group on here, there is a fairly active OA owner’s group on Facebook, where you could get insight from owners.

My 2 cents worth, having never owned one, is that OA interiors are gorgeous, so gorgeous that I’d be afraid to actually use one of them for what I do with a boat.

Back
Top Bottom