Old 08-04-2021, 06:40 PM   #1
Guru

City: Port Townsend and La Paz
Vessel Name: Domino and Libra
Vessel Model: Malcom Tennant 20M and Noordzee Kotter 52
Summer fun-boat rides and projects

With Klee Wyck sold, we are concentrating on Libra this Summer. The commute that formerly was from Seattle to Port Hadlock is now from Blaine to Port Hadlock. It is a little longer so the backup captain needs to cover nap time.

Projects checked off include the installation and electrical supply for a new crane that I had stumbled across at a backwoods outboard repair shop, and a homemade cradle fit to the tender from Klee Wyck, which is now safely ensconced atop Libra.

I had a minor and temporary overheat on the main this weekend. Best I can tell it was simply slippage of the belt drive high volume water pump that circulates the 100+ gallons of coolant from the keels. The coolant was not hot even though the engine was, and the generator that uses the same coolant supply did not over heat. It could have been a sticky thermostat but there was a little suspicious belt dust near the bulkhead so going with that theory. I had a spare belt on board so replaced the old one which did not show much wear but did have more deflection than I was comfortable with. I could not reproduce the high temp so fingers crossed....
More adventures ahead.
Attached Thumbnails
Captain Laurie.jpg   Libra cradle.jpg   New tender.jpg   Anchored at PH (2).jpg  
Old 08-05-2021, 05:29 AM   #2
Guru

City: Vermont
Vessel Name: Luna C.
Vessel Model: 1977 Marine Trader 34DC
Is Libra still for sale?
CharlieO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 06:12 PM   #3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieO. View Post
Is Libra still for sale?
LIBRA is not for sale at this time. We listed her for a month or so last Fall but then could not bear the idea when it came right down to it. We had purchased the catamaran at the time so thought we might, but ended up staying with both.
Old 08-07-2021, 05:04 PM   #4
Guru

This view is one of my favorites and an extra welcome sight today.
For the first time since we owned her, we left LIBRA at anchor while we were several hours away for just under a week. It is Summer and the weather is benign, but still a bit nerve wracking until she came into view today. Another thing I was curious about is power consumption during a length of time like that with us not on her. We have learned what power she uses when we are around generally, but not when we are away and she is set up to rest with just anchor light, alarms, and bilge system. It looks like she uses 0.75% of the house bank per day in that state and so should be good for a few weeks!
Good to know, and really good to see her again today.
Attached Thumbnails
Libra Bow.jpg   Libra Bow2.jpg