Set up a bridle or lay out more scope?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the scheme of things, especially when I have my wife or kid helping with the anchoring, spending $100 on a Mantus clamp was a bargain. Knot experts... they're not. (pun intended).

I'm considering purchasing the Mantus chain hook. Question: If the little $2.00 chain hook strap breaks is there anything keeping the chain hook on the chain?

I'm considering purchasing the Mantus chain hook. Question: If the little $2.00 chain hook strap breaks is there anything keeping the chain hook on the chain?

I just got the Mantus M2 chain hook. West Marine had it on sale so got it for my Christmas present. I currently have their 1st generation hook on board. It is a hell of a hook, but a pain to hook up. Wife usually does anchor detail (she likes it), but that hook is tough for her. And really bangs through the bow roller; the Mk2 is a lot smoother & rounder so I think it should pass over the roller a lot better.

The Mk2 is WAY easier to hook up. Strap looks durable too. Much of strap is covered with chafe material and is definitely not a cheapo piece of rubber. Being a spares kind of guy, I'll be calling them soon to buy a spare strap (or 2).

You guys shelling out all that coin for a mantus bridle
You do realize its just nylon rope , a couple of eye splices and a hook

For us, if doing a 1inch, 2 leg at 30ft version its $100 worth of rope and and two cans of beer worth of splicing time.

Mantus charges $560aud just for the rope with splices.
Hook is extra
https://www.mantusmarine.com/product/large-mantus-bridle-universal/

We use a single 1 inch nylon snubber, about 15ft long and a soft shackle
Anchor daily, have seen multiple 50+ knot events, never had an issue
Replace every 18mths or so.
15 or 30 feet to the chain hook. above or below the water. Mine is just above water and each leg is about 6 feet. You have a higher bow. Otherwise is there any reason to have a bridle with longer line?

Quote: "Originally Posted by Capt Dan
OMG, that’s between 6 and 7 posts per day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld
Whats that in reference to?
If it is about my number of posts.....you don't know anything about me so tread lightly if you are going there.

Forum envy!" ] End Quote.
------------------------------------------------------

Sounded like some kind of threat?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom