Old 08-27-2018, 05:03 PM   #21
Guru

City: Ingleside-On-The-Bay, Texas
Vessel Name: Papillon
Vessel Model: 1978 Mainship 34 Trawler #95
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2Loop View Post
Over several years it has NEVER drug. Make fun of it all you want..... but I'll say it again, we have NEVER moved or had to reset it. We cove out a lot, and all day usually.
I'll add one more thought. I'm an old boater, I guess. I've been on boats pretty much since birth. It was hard to look at the box anchor and take it seriously, so I was biased against it. I was simply wrong. I've never hada better anchor for a small boat (say around 30' or less).

I noticed thatin the begining there were three sizes, Small, Medium, and Large. Now they are making an Extra Large. Maybe for larger boats. Or are you already using the Extra Large.
jimisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:22 PM   #22

City: Carefree, AZ and Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Sea-N-Stars
Vessel Model: 1990 49' Albin
I've wondered about that extra large size, too. My box anchor came in a boat we bought to use on a vacation, and then to sell. We sold the boat as planned, but I pulled that box anchor out and put it on our keeper boat just to try it. Loved it. Other anchors have not seen water since. Having said that, I actually do not know what size ours is. I assume it is the large size, but could even be medium. I know it is not the extra large.
AZ2Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:05 PM   #23
TF Site Team

City: Westerly, RI
Vessel Name: N/A
Vessel Model: 1999 Mainship 350 Trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2Loop View Post
So far it seems that I'm the only one here who has actually used one unless I misread a post above.
Post #8: "AdmiralS" used a large box anchor on a 22' Seadoo jet boat
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #24

City: Carefree, AZ and Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Sea-N-Stars
Vessel Model: 1990 49' Albin
Thanks, Shrew. I missed that and stand corrected. It seems they liked theirs, too. Used ours again over Labor Day in a busy cove on a small lake in IN. We saw a few others resetting after dragging when the winds changed, but not one of them was using a box anchor. As usual, we stayed put all day. Small lake boat -- just to be clear. I'm certainly not suggesting they fit for most boats on this forum.
AZ2Loop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor, box anchor